What do you do with old tyres?

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by SteveDunn, Aug 10, 2004.

1. SteveDunn

SteveDunn Straya

Once you've used and abused them at a drift day, how do you dispose of them? Local tip? I take it you can't burn em :D

2. james

james Administrator
    Staff Member

normally the trye place just chucks them away for you when they fit the replacement ones.
    lol @ burning them :D one surefire way to really impress your neighbours :D

3. SteveDunn

SteveDunn Straya

That's the problem though, I got my tyres from the chucky away-ee bit of a local tyre place. Wonder if they'll let me get some more and *cough* drop some off at the same time :)

4. Paz

Paz -NIGHTSPIRIT FAMILY- UK Drift Since 2001

You usually have to pay a few quid per tyre for them to have em back off you cus it costs them to get rid.

Paz

5. Mitch

Mitch In moderation

They might do. My local garage said they'll take mine off me for a quid a time, which is what it costs them to have them taken away. I can live with that.

6. Jason

Jason Nurse?

save them up, when you got enough make a go kart track?? alternitavely bring them with you to silverstone & add to the tyre wall when no one is loooking?
    give them to howletts for the monkeys to use as swings?

7. Bon Bon

Bon Bon It'll be fine

The tyre fitter I went to gave me 8 tyres, fitted, and took 2 old tyres off me for a fiver and a drink. lol

They said they'd take any old tyres off me if I want, since they're employees and it's no skin off their back. Top stuff.

Otherwise they just sit in my back garden until I can find some way of disposing of them, usually involves pikeyness and hanging on to them for a while.

8. Lennie

Lennie Active Member

Chuck them over the wall into the tyre garage when its closed :D

I gt some tyres fitted at a local "rude boy" shop and they were charging £3 per tyre disposal, i told them i wasnt paying it and would take them away myself and just left them behind a saxo in their car park :D