Project fagwagon... the return! (this time I'm REALLY devaluing it)

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Mr Greggles, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Mr Greggles

Mr Greggles Member

BONJOUR!

This is now my 3rd mx5, so pretty much got the steps of successfully annihilating the cars' value sorted:

Buy cheap example with comedy number plate and knackered poo-brown roof:

[​IMG]

Make the car entirely undriveable by mashing it into the floor and pop some cheap, quickly polished VW rims on:

[​IMG]

Remove the paint from the bonnet, because it's rubbish:

[​IMG]

It's ok, take photos when it's sunny, no-one will realise it's poo:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bought another mx5 for the roof, did both swaps in about an hour and a half:

[​IMG]

And this is how it stands:

[​IMG]

Low, slow, a bit rubbish, but I love it. My neigbours hate me.

So I went to work, came back and this had happened -

The little beasty now has a VR6 splitter and has been raised enough so that the wheels actually move.

Observe:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also, this box of gubbins has been purchased for the turboing of said fagwagon:

[​IMG]

So, things I need next:

Oil feed / return
    Water pipes
    Intercooler pipes
    Some random T-pieces
    Vacuum hose
    MORE HAIRCARE PRODUCTS
    A potato.

2. willirl

willirl Member

3. JamieLeeMoore

JamieLeeMoore Member

I love cars like this! Also that number plate is awesome! lol

4. LiamE36

LiamE36 Active Member

No welded diff then?

5. Mr Greggles

Mr Greggles Member

The number plate is literally the only good bit :p

And a giant FUCK NO to the welded diff. Been there, done that. Driven them on lockers before and didn't enjoy the experience. It skids fine at speed as it is.

6. eurospec

eurospec Member

I disagree. Welded diff in them is fine, made mine loads better to drift.

7. Mr Greggles

Mr Greggles Member

Down to personal preference man. It'd skid like a champ, but don't really need the disadvantages. SCRUBSCRUBSCRUB. No thanks!

8. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

If it skids fine at speed as it is, why you turboing it

9. strawberrys14a

But the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages:

+
    More predictable when breaking traction and drifting
    Loads more fun and rewarding to drive

-
    Little bit of tyre scrubbing when turning sharply
    People who dont have a clue about cars may think your car is broken

10. Mr Greggles

Mr Greggles Member

Stavros - I've had 3 mx5s now and fancied having one with a bit more poke. Not all my driving is done sideways :p

Strawberrysa4a - Same answer as above really! I loved the welders in my 14 and E30, but they were pure skid cars. I did, however, go through a set of tyres a day with my flambouyant driving style.

So, to sum up. I'm gay. I want a bit more shove in a forward direction, but can still go very sideways without a welder.

11. LiamE36

LiamE36 Active Member

So basically this is another lifestyler thread then really.

Back down the car park to take more photo's.

12. Mr Greggles

Mr Greggles Member

Yeah maybe I will! Possibly with dudes modelling it. Hopefully that'll get me a magazine feature. In the gay times.

13. Donkey!

Donkey! Member

Ill model for you dude, (again) its fine, lets start off with our last effort of modelling over my shit fagwagon.

[​IMG]

Now. I used to have one that had a welder up it. It ruined the car as an mx5. As a daily, it was horrific and made my arse bleed everytime i drove it. Mighty awkward when my white shirt became untucked. However, as a skid weapon yes, it made the car very easy to spin round and round in, so on a race car, yes it makes perfect sense. But as a daily it feels shit. As greg said, a bootfull of clutch and manfoot puts the car sideways, where its just as easy to control as any old 3 series.

I still dont see where the lifestyler thing has come from? Its a fagwagon, if you wanted a lifestyler car then it would have dishy wheels and slam it so low thats impossible to drive and bolt on loads of shiney stuff. This has been done on the cheap so it can be driven... And it works well :)

14. LiamE36

LiamE36 Active Member

But the thing is you are just as much a lifestyler as he is, so your input means nothing.

Take it to a skid day and see how well it does without a lockable diff.

15. Mr Greggles

Mr Greggles Member

Lifestylers HOOOOOO!

16. Slamz

Slamz Member

Fuck all wrong with a welded diff on a daily, I much prefer mine to the VLSD that was on it, much much more predictable when pressing on too. And anyone who says you can't drive 'enthusiastically' down country lanes etc. or it makes the car understeer is wrong and has shit geo/tyres.

17. milez

milez Active Member

how the fuck does welding the diff ruin the car and make your ass bleed?

I use mine as a daily with welded diff, cheap shit apex lowering springs, bucket seat and a 4 point harness and I love it.

Bunch o faggots!

18. 720

720 Member

Welder is fine on a daily. I've had one every car I've owned in the last 3 years. I've had grippier cars with a gearbox to diff brace (Mx5 style) and my skinny ass has never bled at all and I commute 75 miles a day.

Also that's not a VR6 splitter its a stock mk3 one....

19. Mr Greggles

Mr Greggles Member

Woah woah woah. It's not a personal slap in the face to all you hardcore drifters. Merely personal preference. I have nothing against welded diffs, they're excellent at what you want them to do. I just don't want one on this car at the mo. If I want to paint cocks all over my car and only drive it while wearing a tu-tu, I will. It's my car, I wasn't asking the jedi skidding masters' advice, merely documenting the progress as I go along.

Also, about 400 people have pointed out the splitter thing. I bought it because it was literally the cheapest splitter on ebay at the time, not because it was off a VR6. It was advertised as one, so that's what I listed it as. I'm not a VW nerd.

20. Hudson.

Hudson. JIBES

I think people are mentioning the term 'lifestyler', purely because this just seems like another thread where someone is harping on about how shit, or gay the car they've just bought is, wanting everyone else to join in with 'lolz look at you with the shitty car' etc. And calling it Fagwagon or whatever, its boring.

You've bought an mx5, lowered it on shit wheels, changed a roof and said you'd rather not weld the diff - yes that is indeed lame.

And it actually seems like you're spending money on it, so why the fuck would you promote how gay something is by getting a roof that matches and a turbo kit?