Rx8 for drifting?

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by Maxdrift, Sep 27, 2013.

1. Maxdrift

Maxdrift Member

I cant find shit on this forum in terms of decent answers.

It wont be using its standard engine, all i want to know is there steering products and adjustable arms out there for these off the shelf? Ive had a search haven't found much out there tbh all seems to be for rx7 stuff.
    anyone got anylinks to jz builds in these? want to know if all electrical items still work inside the cabin.

thanks

2. Daddy_D

Daddy_D D1 street king

Don't drift them, rebuild them!

3. dale_b

dale_b #DriftFactory

You can drift anything RWD.. The RX8 is a decent chassis.. Plenty of engine conversions have been done to them with great results. And plenary of chassis parts available.. Make steering parts if you cant buy them.. I like them:thumbs:

4. Boss

Boss Member

As long as you're wiring isnt changed too drastically, everything in the cabin will work correctly, EXCEPT the rev counter, speedo, temp gauge, oil pressure light, charge light,

fuel level, indicator lights etc will work fine,

i havent tried it, but if you leave the renisis wiring fully intact, you should be able to put the renesis sensors into your converted engine, basically, the dash thinks there is a 13b in there, and its running a 13b ecu,

it would be messy, and a bit more work,

i couldnt be arsed and will be running a digi dash

5. mart s13

mart s13 Member

Amk Garage have 1jz rx8 and have been used at Driftland today.

6. Maxdrift

Maxdrift Member

ive been trying to find more information on the wiring side of the rx8 and 2jz but everyone seems to be keeping quiet about it :(