Wanted Wanted

Thread in 'Parts for sale' started by JaPPster, Jan 3, 2005.

1. JaPPster

JaPPster Member

some aftermarket cams, forged steel con rods, cam pulleys, heavy duty belt, koyo radiator, fmic, samco hoses, kazz,nismo or tomei lsd, garrett gt28rs bb turbo...
    for CA18DET!

any kind off help or info, well be very pleased.

thx. :worthy:

dreamdayracing@email.si

2. sambo

sambo team yer maw

PM Dobergoose - he has HKS cams for the CA for sale :thumbs:

3. JaPPster

JaPPster Member

not anymore, but thx anyway :no:

4. CorollaRWD

CorollaRWD -RUTHLESS-

Can get you the LSD I would speak to SRB power, Bren @ Apex for the rest :D
    Alex

5. mitto

mitto -NIGHTSPIRT FAMILY-

instead of spending all that cash i would highly reccomend doing a SR conversion. for the same kind of money you could run a SR with all bolt ons (manifold, exhaust, FMI, filter, fuel pump, hybrid, etc...) and it will be much better for drift.

PM matt_T or SXOC candy drifter and ask them about thier cars performance as they have both converted from CAs :thumbs:

give nick @ DME a shout for turbos, rad and i/c. he has some VERY good kit that is purpose built for drifting :worthy: (skidz on this forum and sxoc)

6. JaPPster

JaPPster Member

swapping to sr unit would cost me at least 1k pound, so thats not an option..

and i would still have it stock :no:

7. Bon Bon

Bon Bon It'll be fine

All that stuff you've listed will cost you vast sums of money, more than the cost of an SR swap I bet. Plus the engine will still not be as reliable as the SR.

8. SteveC200

SteveC200 Used to drift, now I don't.

Silly bon bon. You reckon a fully rebuilt balanced CA wont be as good as a boggo xxK mile SR? Next thing you'll be saying is that 5 series are featherweights. :rolleyes:;):p

9. JaPPster

JaPPster Member

i live in a country with only one s14, so to get one i need to go to germany, buy it for at least 1k pound, and rebuilt the whole thing probably+ turbo 500 pound more, and we're close to 2-2,5k pound+tuning bits xxxpounds..

get d point?
    not to metion all d other stuff needed to replace for sr: box, all electric, immobilizer..., logistic to bring d sr back to my place ( cca.1k km)+ trilion other problems...

not worthed :(

but thx for advice :thumbs:

sry for terrible english :wack:

10. Bon Bon

Bon Bon It'll be fine

Ah ok no S14s could make life difficult.

5 series is only around 1350kg Mr Carter. :p

11. JaPPster

JaPPster Member

ohh, one more thing.. :D
    what type of tein's should i buy for amateur :wack: drift'n, bit of track day and daily driving :confused:
    daily driv'n mostly :wack:

i can get tein flex&edfc for reasonable price( almost new)1200$+shipping.

thx for help :worthy:

12. ant

ant R32 GTR-S

dont bother with edfc, its for big girls :dermal: i woudl rather spend the money on something usefull

13. mitto

if you go Tien i would go for HE if you want to drift (although HE pro? or something are coming out soon afiak) Flex are what i would call a street damper :smash: good, but not DRIFT spec. :thumbs:

Shamless Plug...

I use D2 and they rock :smash: :thumbs:

14. ant

ant R32 GTR-S

he's for drifto with some stiffer springs :nod: does the job proper, or d2's, he;s are the same price as flex so if its just for drift and a bit of track go for the he's :)

15. JaPPster

JaPPster Member

yes, but i will be using it for a daily drive, so i dont want it to stiff.

well shit, i dont know nothing bout this stuff.. :wack:

edfc not good? why? :confused:

16. Bon Bon

Bon Bon It'll be fine

Well it's added expense and un-neccessary. All it means is you can adjust the damping in car, while driving along.

Tein Flex's are nice as a daily driver etc I reckon, Jenks' S14a has Flex and I really liked the way it drove, felt nice.

17. ant

ant R32 GTR-S

dont be a pussy, i drove with tein flex on full hard rear and about 6 hard on the front and its well drivable for a daily ride :) just a bit bumpy, edfc is lazy just get out of the car and adjust it :)

18. JaPPster

JaPPster Member

well i know what edfc is :D
    and i'm feeling bit of fancy owning it.. :smokin: lol

so for 20%drift, 20%trackday and 25% of daily driv'n flex is go for it or no go for it? :smash:

remaining 35% of time car will probably be sitting at the mechanic, so no damping force needed :wack:

#18 JaPPster, Jan 4, 2005
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2005
  19. mitto

afaik the new range of HE is going to be adjustable with the EDFC controller :smash:

very trick and good for making adjustments while out track. :thumbs: although it is extra expense :dermal:

with D2 you can select spring rates when you order. you could have two sets for different applications. you can also adjust damber length, spring seat position, camber and ask for a specific gas/oil loading on order :worthy:

i used to run Tein HA and have to say the D2s are MUCH better. although i confess that i havent used HE, which by all accounts are suppossed to be the bomb. i know a lot of guys that use them daily with no problems :thumbs:

20. matt

matt -NIGHTSPIRIT FAMILY-

EDFC is a total waste of money/space. even on track you're only gonna be out for a few minutes before you come into the pits and can adjust them the 'old fashioned' way :rolleyes:

If I worked at Tein I wouldn't be able to sleep at night knowing I made my money selling edfc's!