1985 celica supra..

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Nick Sheen, Aug 4, 2006.

1. Nick Sheen

Nick Sheen Box Assassin

1985 celica supra..Update, kind of.

Didnt really want to start a project thread as. its not really much of a project, i dont have any fancy parts to go on it, not much money to buy anything with...but i have access to a digimital camera now so i need an excuse to take photos of something.

really its more of a restoration, but its not really a resto either as its not going back to standard, lets think of it as an...reawesomeisation of the car.

heres the back story, bought it a few months ago, it wasnt mint, but it was taxed and tested and the right price..drove it for a bit, and despite it having about 200k on the clock, and every part of the car seemingly being worn out i actually got on really well with the car and found it to be pretty much an overweight tank that i could ring the shit out of and make go sideways quite well...but all good things come to an end, and also the mot did aswell.

so i thought sweet, i wont go all out on this car i will just bang a bit of filler over the rust and carry on ragging it once i got myself a new ticket for the year. but then like i always do i wondered how rusty it actually was...bad move as the answer was ..very.

so i thought why the fuck not, i'll cut out all the shit replace with good metal do the other billion jobs i want to do and then get it reMOT'deded. about 10minutes later after i just hacked shit out of my car with all manner of power tools i realised the huge-ness of the task ahead, but so far all is going well. i'm doing one side of the car at a time, so i still have one side of the car to look at to remeber what shape it was..

so yeah some pictures

DSC00482. this is it when i first got it.

DSC00481.

cars063. then i painted the bonnet black instead of the faded piss colour it was.

DSC_0058.sized. then one day i bought some of the correct wheels, painted it grey with a brush and did some skids at some tarmac thing at some place

DSC_0126.sized. then i got threatened by the police, so i riveted and taped on my rear arches, also followed by doing some more skidding at some northern place

DSC_0130.sized. this was a good skid,

S5000026. then the mot ran out, and i savaged my car with a cutting disc

S5000028.

S5000035. a speed hole.

and thats it, tomorrow if i can be bothered to do anything i will do some more cutting, take some more pictures and then put them here. that is known as an update.

#1 Nick Sheen, Aug 4, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2007
  2. Mitch

Mitch In moderation

Nice one, Mr Circly Skids:thumbs:

At the Northern place, you did indeed skid well :nod:

3. Mattyboi

Mattyboi Active Member

Ah cool cutting! I`d get carried away and cut it to oblivion:wack: Those skids look the shit too fo a car with limited mods:worthy:

4. sideways.taff

sideways.taff - www.tafftune.com -

You need a new cutting disc too...

5. Nick Sheen

Nick Sheen Box Assassin

limited mods... try a steering wheel thats the only mod.

yeh bryn, i got a 10pk of cutting discs, they are wank though. cheap.. but absolute shit and last hardly anytime. :wack:

6. ant

ant R32 GTR-S

haha get the mig out, you will be needing it, and i thought my e30 was rusty :)

7. gtst lad

gtst lad Ut oh

if your gonna get the welder out you may as well make it worthwhile, i vote dori pickup celica :D

you know it makes sense

8. gaz_moose

gaz_moose .MTM.

there is a black one of those in the scrap yard in fradley (near lichfield) that has rear arches and looks to be in good nick.

9. Dori Mat

Dori Mat Active Member

nice project nick,good to see something different :cool:

good luck with it :thumbs:

10. MJG

MJG Active Member

lookin awesome. use thin metal for shitty bodywork, only use the "strong" 1.5mm steel for the structural shit.

good luck with the welding, i gotta get topi to MIG up my rear arches tommorow and maybe rectify some of the carnage at the front passenger side where we were fitting my oil cooler :wack:

11. Pulsatingstar

Pulsatingstar -NIGHTSPIRIT FAMILY-

Hah now ive seen it im pretty sure thats going nowhere for a long time :D

12. Mitch

Mitch In moderation

Unlike your S14, Lee?;):D

13. Pulsatingstar

Pulsatingstar -NIGHTSPIRIT FAMILY-

Yeah but I said from the start id probably never get that fixed :wack:

Anyway, it might be done one day its out of my hands now im just waiting for it :smash:

14. Black Betty

Black Betty Bamalam

Fucking sweet man! I love it even more in the pictures as i do in the flesh as it actually looks fucking worse! hahahahaha

Loving your work nicky! The grey paint is awesome!

I hope you covered that Fiesta before you got the angle grinder on the go, otherwise the weld platters will give it a rough paint finish or a pretty pattern windscreen! haha :p

15. Nick Sheen

Nick Sheen Box Assassin

yeh i moved my parents cars out the way, which pissed them off as ive taken over the whole place with shit and cars now.:thumbs:

16. Genjuro

Genjuro keyboard drifter

The car looks really cool although it looks like a big job. It also looks like it drifts pretty well for a standard car in the pics.

17. Black Betty

Black Betty Bamalam

And a shit driver! :p

18. sammysideways

sammysideways Active Member

haha i must be fucked in head...outa all the cars i could have gone in rotorstock this was one of them. its cool seeing the floor whilst your drifting!!haha

duno what it is but nick seems well bonded to this, drives real good in it...

19. Nero Serpente

Nero Serpente Member

Old-skool Supra's are cool!

20. Nick Sheen

Nick Sheen Box Assassin

Little progress made today, spent more time staring at it with a cup of tea trying to work out the best way to make sure the rear suspension pickup points go back in the right place when i cut them out to repair the metal...

downsides to day, getting the rear loom wrapped around the grinder. that sucked. made more work for myself there, working in a cramped space with a grinder equipped with psychotic knotted wire wheel is bad enough, let alone when falling backwards and hacking the loom to the lights to shit. doh.