Urgent attention for admin or manager!!!

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by Marsh, Dec 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marsh

Marsh Member

Could a DW manager or atleast some who works there message me asap i have had major trouble with an item from you and would like to talk to someone urgently. This is a very serious matter!!

2. R32 GTR

R32 GTR Active Member

i guess your Moam wasnt in the packaging

3. Marsh

Marsh Member

Unfortunately it was abit more serious than that and lucky that no one was hurt.

4. R32 GTR

R32 GTR Active Member

a tension rod snapped?

5. Marsh

Marsh Member

Will post up what happened tomorrow once ive been in to see them and i shall let you all know the outcome.

6. kieran_e1

kieran_e1 In need of practice

erm iirc they don't have an open shop so before wandering with what is coming across as a stinking attitude , maybe pick up the phone and call them.

7. Andy_F

Andy_F S13+S15=S28?

There should be people on premises from 9am, best give them a ring then. Forum admins are not the same as shop staff. DW is a mail order shop, and isn't open 24 hours.

8. Marsh

Marsh Member

Dont worry im already ahead of you there i have already spoke to someone and as i live local to birmingham they have asked me to bring the item down.

9. spaniel

spaniel bigballs small brain

Whats the drama all about? Sounds interesting

10. Marsh

Marsh Member

Right i purchased brand new hsd coilovers on the 4/11 and last night (5/12) the front drivers damper snapped it half causing the car to pull accross the otherside of the road, luckily the road was clear. I instanly pulled over and got out the spring was rolling down the road and my wheel had collapsed to the point where it was on the inside of the rim (no tire was touching the road). Thankfully i was only doing 30mph and not on the motorway at 70mph. Other damage caused is obviously the inner edge of the wheel, brake lines were crushed, change of suspension means it needs tracking again, and looks like one of the arms or a track rod end has bent, also the splitter is smashed from it hitting the floor. When the steering wheel is straight the drivers wheel is slightly turned to the right while passenger side is fine. When i went into DW today they have replaced the dampener (gave me the old collars, top mount and spring) and some braided brake lines. When i questioned the other damage they said they had to draw the line for the repairs somewhere. In my opinion this is a joke as all the damage caused was from there part which was ONE MONTH old. They also could not explain why it had snapped.

After this experience i very much doubt i will be using DW for any other parts. Im also considering contacting trading standards with the issue.

11. Ruishy1

Ruishy1 Active Member

they are only a supplier, they didn't make the HSD coilover.

Trading standard will investigate this, and come to the conclusion because DW didn't make the part your argument is with HSD.
    DW went above and beyond with replacing parts as they had NO LEGAL NEED !

12. Marsh

Marsh Member

Well then they should be checking what sort of quality the products are before putting there name to them and selling them. Imagine if there was a car coming the other way it would of caused a serious collistion which could of been fatal, or worse on the motorway and caused a pile up with numerous fatalities. If that is the case trading standards will contact HSD and check there product quality etc. i am hoping it was a one off with the issue and that i am the unlucky person who had a faulty dampener. But in my opinion if your willing to sell dodgy parts then you should also take responsibility when something goes wrong!!

Forgot to mention that the HSD base and address is exactly the same as DW.

#12 Marsh, Dec 6, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
  13. bubblesjs

bubblesjs I like wheel slips

what do you mean by 'checking them'? they've been using them for years on their own cars and countless amounts of other people using them. I don't think I've heard of another case of HSDs breaking, so a one in 1000 breakage is either gonna be down to it being fitted/set up wrong or it was either a faulty unit, so I'd be getting onto HSD and whoever fitted them rather than slagging off DW.

14. Marsh

Marsh Member

Dw make the hsd coilovers. Im not slagging them off just i think the damage caused by there product should be sorted by them. They could not explain why the coilover had snapped when they checked it all they said was it could of been a pothole but they then said it shouldnt break by going over a pot hole. The only ones they have seen snapped are from people hitting curbs etc.

15. richy d

richy d Active Member

I can understand your frustration as your car is now damaged down to no fault on your part. Somebody has to pay for it and it shouldn't be you.

However, it shouldn't necessarily be DW either as they are only the supplier after all. One thing I think DW could have done better is offer to chase this up with hsd for you(as they are the middle man), rather than suggesting that you do.

As for the comment about DW selling faulty products, I very much doubt they knowingly sent out faulty parts to you :rolleyes:. I also doubt that Dw even inspect this kind of product before it leaves their unit, as that is hsd's job.

Good luck with sorting it either way.

16. Marsh

Marsh Member

Thanks and i know what you are saying but people dont seem to understand that driftworks do actually make the HSD coilovers!!

17. DtheBUK

DtheBUK Active Member

It's not necessarily clear that it was their product that caused the damage. Who knows how it was fitted and what you've subjected it too. It could be a defective unit and all their fault but neither party is ever going to know. Meeting you in the middle sounds pretty good to me

18. J_K_P

J_K_P Active Member

No company will pay for associated damage or cost to replace a part.
    Read the warranty. Might be under Force majeure.

19. adam0bmx0

adam0bmx0 Active Member

Not sure about that, I believe under some sales of goods act, it would be the seller of the item that any action would go through.

If your washing machine for example blows up, you'd go through Currys etc( or who ever you bought it from), rather than direct to the manufacturer)

Say he did fit them correctly or a qualified mechanic, this is a very serious matter and a catastrophic failure of the nature described could of had very bad consequences.

20. Marsh

Marsh Member

But it is their product which has caused the damage described. Little things such as the brake lines and splitter im not bothered about as they are easy and cheap to replace. The new dampener should really of been a complete unit not just interchaging parts. Its more the 4wheel alignment wich was only done a week ago the damage to the wheels which are not cheap rotas and damage to steering components, basically all the expensive parts they want nothing to do with which is the most annoying part. Its common sense that if you change a suspension unit it needs an alignment check.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.