hydro in street car??

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by DriftNips10, Mar 12, 2014.

1. DriftNips10

DriftNips10 New Member

hey i have a question that some may know the answer to?!

my 1st street legal drift car was an E36 318is. i fitted a hydro and didnt tell my insurance straight away. i unfortunately had an accident in it and the insurance voided my insurance. now i was told by some people that having a hydro in your car is not illegal aslong as you have the manufacture handbrake still working! does anybody else have views or facts about this because im considering putting a hydro in my s14(obv ill tell the insurance this time lol)

basically is it illegal to have a fitted/working hydro in a road legal car?

cheers :thumbs:
    Lee

2. spaniel

spaniel bigballs small brain

You can have it fitted as long as you tell your insurance.

you have to keep the standard cable handbrake for mot as you have to have the cable system as a back up in case your hydraulics fail.

3. DriftNips10

DriftNips10 New Member

which im assuming most insurance companies wont insure lol

4. joeshaw123

joeshaw123 Member

A load of people run them on their road cars. Plenty must tell their insurance. Just ask? That's the only way you'll find out for sure.

5. Yeah_Mick

Yeah_Mick Beauty Purr!

I had one en my e30, my insurance company knew about it and didn't care. Also had to show a police man what it was as he thought it was nos :wack: he was none the wiser afterwards but couldn't of cared less either.

6. DriftNips10

DriftNips10 New Member

ok cool cheers for the comments guys. just wanted to see what others experiences where with the hydro. a friend of mine disconnects the lever to cause agro with police :thumbs:

7. initial_j

initial_j Made guy

i think its a case of insurance companies will do anything to get out of paying

if youd declared it then im sure they wouldnt of cared, however not declaring it now gives them an excuse not to pay out

8. DriftNips10

DriftNips10 New Member

You couldn't have been more right. insurance companies are scams....their well and truly happy taking our money but when we need them they wont help!

9. gon

gon Member

indeed