Drifting Simulators?

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by NavS97, Mar 22, 2014.

1. NavS97

NavS97 New Member

Right now I practice drifting on a simulator cus tyres on there are free lol! Atm I use Gran Turismo 5 with the official force feedback wheel and all that jazz to make sure it feels realistic.

Does anyone know any better driving simulators that I can practice on?

2. R32 GTR

R32 GTR Active Member

i think Lets Race were looking at adding drift cars and settings to their simulators

3. Kelvjy

Kelvjy Member

4. DtheBUK

DtheBUK Active Member

Doesn't GT use different physics for drifting?

Another vote for LFS here, there's always people up for twinning in the drift servers and the physics are good

5. Ollie

Ollie LOOSE!

Outrun 2

6. [jay]

[jay] Member

GT5 was ok, 6 feels horrible to me for drifting. LFS is good as people have said, needs the right mods really. There's also a few drift mods for Rfactor, I haven't touched either for ages though.
    There should be a thread about LFS somewhere if you do a search, I think the mods are listed if not linked

7. Yeah_Mick

Yeah_Mick Beauty Purr!

This guy speaks the truth, Southend has a 2 seater one where you pick up a nice little sort off the sea front and show her your skills.

8. ecko

ecko New Member

Rfactor,
    Theres a dift mod with ebisu and heaps of other japanese and worlwide tracks

9. Joshy

Joshy Not Impressed

My vote goes to Assetto Corsa. Still in Beta and not a lot of tracks or car options yet, but there is a 'drift land' style track and a S54 powered E30 M3, so what more do you want?

On 97% of 'sims' I can be getting drifts going within a few minutes of practice, In Assetto Corsa I drift like crap, like in RL, so based on that I'd say its pretty realistic :).

10. sparky_s13

sparky_s13 Active Member

I'm sure James Deane was involved with a top games company not so long ago developing a racing/drifting game so think there will be something in the pipeline soon!

GT5 with the Logitech wheel was very good though I thought, not really played LFS properly.

11. Kyleton7

Kyleton7 Member

I will have to have a look at these myself

12. Matts Turbo'd

Matts Turbo'd Member

if you have ps3 then i woudl think gran turismo is best but for those with Xbox 360 i think personally forza 4 is the best for drifting and possibly forza horizon to practice on proper roads and practice transitions

13. Kyleton7

Kyleton7 Member

If only I could find a nice big empty space that the police won't chase me
    For making noise and smoke in :/

14. Hexa-dB

Hexa-dB Member

If only someone could find a piece of land or a track and set aside a day for people to use it to practise drifting in return for a few quid...
    And then maybe find some way of advertising them on a forum like Drift Practice Days

:D

15. Kyleton7

Kyleton7 Member

Problem is that's mainland uk ;) I'm Ni lol :p
    I think I've found eglinton let you rent ,
    30£/hour or something

16. Hexa-dB

Hexa-dB Member

D'oh. Fair point! :wack:

17. Matts Turbo'd

Matts Turbo'd Member

i agree i think i might speak to the guy with a small paved airstrip near me at some point when im not pre occupied with getting a job and dealing with college

#17 Matts Turbo'd, Mar 25, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
  18. Monkey670

Monkey670 Member

Asetto corsa definitely gets my vote, iv'e been on sims for 5 years drifting, and assetto is by far the best, but there is no online yet.

Next best thing is RFactor, iv'e been on this game for 5-6 months and boy, does it shit on GT5,Forza and most other sims, it's old but it's pure gold, if you like flexibility and realism, RFactor until Asetto gets online and fixed.

I'm part of a private mod (Releasing soon when finished) and the physics feel exactly like asetto corsa and every cars Inertia's (Physics) are unique to that car.

Always, welcoming new people to RFactor god knows we need more.

19. JoonaR

JoonaR New Member

Definitely Assetto Corsa. It's still in beta but multiplayer should come in couple of weeks. There's drift version of E30 M3 which has swapped engine and, locked diff and more steering lock. Also drift versions of couple of more cars. Physics are awesome, maybe the most realistic of all sims atm.

Live For Speed is other good option but it's quite old. There still should be new version of it but devs are lazy.

I wouldn't call Gran Turismo and Forza simulator. They are pretty arcade combared to those PC sims like AC, rF2, iRacing etc.

20. ard

ard Member

i've used LFS until my logitech g25 shifter failed. the most realistic simulator i've ever tried.