Fresh import R32 GTST TYPE-M Clean Track spec

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by SPek9, Mar 31, 2014.

1. SPek9

SPek9 New Member

I have been on the forum for a while but havent got a chance to post a build thread of my R32

Here is the current spec list of the car:

Wheels/Handling:

- 17X9 ET25 ROTA GRID DRIFT IN BRONZE
    - 235/40/17 YOKOHAMA AD09-R Tyres
    - HSD MONO-PRO COILOVER SUSPENSION
    - DRIFTWORKS HICAS ELIMINATOR KIT
    - 16MM HUBCENTRIC FRONT SPACERS WITH EXTENDED STUDS
    - Brake fluid flushed with SUPER BLUE RACING BRAKE FLUID

Interior:

- RECARO LIMITED EDITION RECLINING SEATS AND RAILS
    - CUSCO HALF REAR CAGE, BOLT IN, POWDER COATED WITH NEW STAINLESS BOLTS
    - PERSONAL LEATHER STEERING WHEEL WITH BOSS
    - SOUND DEADENING STRIPPED FLOOR PAINTED SATIN BLACK
    - CUSTOM CENTRE CONSOL WITH BOOST GAUGE

Exterior:

- TYPE-M SKYLINE FACTORY BODY KIT
    - UPRATED FACTORY SPOILER
    - SUNROOF REMOVED AND ALLOY BLANKING PLATE PAINTED AND INSTALLED
    - FRONT ARCH EXTENSIONS

Engine/ Transmission:

- CONCEPTUA STAGE 1 HYBRID TURBO for minimal lag
    - Braided turbo oil feed
    - 3 " STAINLESS DOWNPIPE/ DECAT
    - 3" STAINLESS CAT BACK SYSTEM
    - TFS MOTORSPORT COILPACKS
    - R33 AFM
    - RAMAIR FOAM FILTER
    - GTR 444cc INJECTORS cleaned and flow tested with new filters and o-rings
    - GTR Resistor ballast
    - NISTUNE Remapable ECU board
    - BLITZ DUAL SBC BOOST CONTROLLER
    - WALBRO 255 FUEL PUMP
    - NEW HOG FLOW FUEL FILTER
    - GENUINE PLAZMAMAN INTAKE PLENUM
    - HYBRID HDI GT2- HIGH QUALITY CORE INTERCOOLER AND PIPING KIT all t-bolt clamps
    - MOCAL RACING OIL COOLER KIT
    - NEW UPRATED CLUTCH KIT
    - NEW OEM THERMOSTAT
    - NEW TIMING BELT, TENSIONER, IDLER AND WATERPUMP
    - NEW ALTERNATOR AND POWER STEERING BELTS
    - NEW MOTUL ENGINE OIL AND FILTER
    - NEW MOTUL GEARBOX OIL
    - NEW MOTUL REAR LSD OIL
    - NEW MOTUL INUGEL COOLANT

image-1160.
    image-1093.
    image-839.
    image-1484.
    image-2438.
    image-2205.
    image-1724.

DYNO GRAPH FROM TUNE BEFORE PLAZMAMAN PLENUM (the plenum reduces lag and lowers intake temps a lot which will potentially make more power and run safer with lower temps) :

Dynoresult.

1959671_1509136779313054_579625774_n.

Here is how I bought the car:

8725680429_dc2254c47d.
    8731789196_56449733fc.
    The car was obviously kept very well in Japan in an area with no Salt as the underneath of the car is completely rust free :) Even all of the suspension arms etc have no rust at all..for a 23 year old car you wouldnt believe it!

2. m1key

m1key Member

3. SPek9

SPek9 New Member

A few more pictures of the work I carried out on the car

New Dayco timing belt and tensioners, thermostat and waterpump fitted, bought from Conceptua with great service

[​IMG]

Mocal oil cooler
    [​IMG]

I drilled and tapped the front cross member for the bottom cooler mounts and used the Mocal brackets to secure the top cooler mounts

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The best way I found to rotate the adapter plate to avoid kinking the oil cooler lines was the have the lines facing towards the back of the car and then looping them back around towards the front of the car as there was plenty of length to work with

[​IMG]

Then I swapped the old rubber hoses for silicone replacements and new stainless clips

[​IMG]

I picked the half cage up from the powered coaters and they did a fantastic job

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Interior ready and the cusco half cage fitted

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My TFS Motorsport coilpacks fitted, great service and I have heard great things about these after being tested on a 700bhp Nissan

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My silicone turbo elbow and intake pipe arrived from boostjunkies, that allowed me to finally crank the engine for the first time since fitting all the new parts

[​IMG]

Great service again from DW and Im very impressed with the quality of the HICAS kit and the coilovers

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm planning to fit a GTR fiberglass rep bumper for a better opening for the FMIC

I modified, painted and fitted a set of front arch flares

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then a set of extended studs and 16mm Hubcentric spacers and time for a wheel alignment

[​IMG]

#3 SPek9, Mar 31, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
  4. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

I really like that, nicely done.

Bored of 'cool' looking badly done drift R32s on here, not seen a properly done one in ages.

5. Nas

Nas Member

This thread has only reconfirmed my decision to get an R32

Nice job so far, car looks great and very clean!

6. Blackett

Blackett No Comment

This make pretty much the same power as my 32 did with 'pretty much' the same mods, my dyno graph could be your graph too, lol. I would stick with stock bumper rather than fibreglass as they tend to show paint chips instantly and crack at the slightest rub.

Nice clean 32, does it drift?

Ian. :)

7. SPek9

SPek9 New Member

Cheers, I love the skyline but Im also wanting to get involved in a local Honda race series and I decided to put the car on pistonheads today to see if there was much interest as unfortunately I can't build another car and keep the skyline. I also have another daily driver

If you were interested have a look at my for sale ad:

Used 2013 Nissan Skyline R32 for sale in Down | Pistonheads

The car probably stands me close to 9k and being a fresh import this clean with the quality of parts only fitted brand new I feel that its a very fair price

If it doesnt sell i will be happy to hold onto it and try and enter the Honda series next year

8. SX_BIG

SX_BIG Active Member

gotta love a thinly vieled for sale thread :) great car though. nice to see one that's practical and not covered in fibreglass

9. Blackett

Blackett No Comment

It seems you joined the forum to sell your car and buy a Honda, lol.

GLWTS...

10. SPek9

SPek9 New Member

Cheers Ian,

its a good power and torque curve for an RB20 with a stage 1 turbo and my tuner even commented on how well it pulls when we finalised and checked the dyno tune on the road. What really helps the R32 is the weight difference compared to the r33 etc and with it being stripped I estimate it to be around 1200kg and it handles extremely well on track

I have not used the car as a drift car but it would make a great drift car with some alignment and tyre changes. The car still has the standard viscous lsd but it locks up both wheels no problem on corner exit so its a good tight diff. The most it would need for a full drift setup is shimmed

11. SPek9

SPek9 New Member

Lol I have been on the forum since buying the car but never got around to putting a build thread up, it would be a good forum for people to see the car if they were interested in buying it. As I mentioned I would be happy to hold onto the car and develop it further but I would also like to enter a local Honda race series and I came from a Honda background over the past 10+ years so its something that I will always go back to for track work

12. driftasx

driftasx Member

Would you sell the cage from it mate

13. Ped

Ped Member

Lovely car! The freshly imported pictures could make this my cars brother/sister (but red). Very alike age, spec and condition. Any more info on that turbo you have on there?

14. Gazelle

Gazelle Well-Known Member

Nicely done R32 gtst....

15. SPek9

SPek9 New Member

If someone wanted the car without the cage then yes but I will let you know

What would you like to know about the turbo?

Cheers

16. Ped

Ped Member

Is it a direct fitment? (Manifold/down pipe) cost? Other mods required etc. just basic stuff. Expected performance on almost stock application.

17. SPek9

SPek9 New Member

Yes direct fitment to the standard manifold/elbow etc, comes with a braided oil feed and gaskets etc and a years warranty.

It is a journal bearing turbo so the restricted standard skyline banjo bolts for the oil feed need drilled out to 3-4mm

Full steel internal turbo balanced to a high tolerance etc, it will flow more than a standard turbo even at standard boost so you need to reduce the boost until the car is remapped.

Bigger injectors, pump, FMIC, good coilpacks, electronic boost control 3" exhaust and a good dyno tune with a remapable ECU will make the most out of the turbo and 350bhp is possible but I went for a safe genuine 320bhp

With a remap and standard supporting parts still on the car I would guess around 270bhp where the standard injectors etc will max out

When you start adding up all of the parts it soon adds up!

18. Ped

Ped Member

That was a lovely and thorough response. More than I could ask for. Now what remap able ecu options are there? You've been overly helpful so I'm just going to end up badgering you for info now! I think a fmic is my next step

19. SPek9

SPek9 New Member

Lol it's not a problem, yes a FMIC is a good step towards what you are after, reasonably cheap and will work well when tuned

For the ECU I would recommend a Nistune board installed into your oem r32 ECU which will make it remapable. Approx £250 new for the board then fitting by a qualified person unless you are good at soldering circuit boards

If you want to spend more money but have more tuning features then go with the likes of Link stand alone ECU

20. Ped

Ped Member

Cheers again feller. Nistune ever come up used and would that be a good shout if one did? Or steer clear? Ive got a 225 walbro. Open cone. Excedy clutch and a bleed valve currently. So I think I will go fmic, decat/downpipe/elbow then onto a turbo and ecu. That make sense?