ca18 det stage 2 question

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by miffy, May 6, 2014.

1. miffy

miffy Member

2. miffy

miffy Member

or will my standered good condition t25 do?????

3. 200sx-s13-1993

Hello
    miffy

wot have you got done to the car so far?

4. miffy

miffy Member

It's got a fmic , apexi intake , stainless straight threw turbo back , walbro 255 ,

My t25 is pretty mint and just wondered if I should run it till it dies or it isn't worth it

Oh btw it's already of the car

Would I be stupid in keeping it or should I put it back on untill it dies

5. 200sx-s13-1993

Hello
    miffy

if it where me i would get a bost controller on the t25 and get it chiped or a board fitted and see wot you think then as you can get much more out the car as is before you would think about bigger turbo, that one you have put a link to might end up costing as much to get it to fit than a t28 proper one, if you realy want a bigger turbo try getting a good second hand one.
    IMO id get all the small stuff sorted first before bigger turbo, all the small things add up and can make a big differance!
    Hope this helps :)

6. 200sx-s13-1993

As far as should you keep the t25 or not? it realy depends on how much you can aford as if your drifting the car there will be things you will have to fix and you might be better keeping doe for that plus when you start puting on bigger turbo you then have to get it chip/board then you need injectors and maf and so on it can end up costing alot, its upto you man but i would make the best of wot you have and see from there?

7. miffy

miffy Member

cheers for the advise , think im gonna stick the t25 back on and put in a stage 2 horsham chip ,
    i think that will be more than enought for me for the time been , i just wasnt sure if the t25 would take well to the chip , or that it would run 13-15 psi happily for that matter , but ill just see how it goes

8. Anth4130

Anth4130 Member

I ran a t25 on stage 2, lasted a while but top end felt flat. Does the job til you get a t28 though

9. r3k1355

r3k1355 Well-Known Member

Plenty of people have ran them without issues, don't go mad with the boost and you stand half a chance of keeping it together,
    Other people have had them shit themselves after 5 minutes.

Personally if it's going on a CA I'd chance my hand at it, it's not like the engine is expensive or hard to replace anyway.

10. miffy

miffy Member

its got wisco pistons and a full rebuild 40k ago so i dont really want it to eat a turbo lol

11. pointz

pointz Member

Horsham stage 2 is written for t28 and i wouldnt personally risk a cheap copy turbo

12. r3k1355

r3k1355 Well-Known Member

Not on a forged engine, thats for sure.

If you/someone put decent money into an engine you really can't strap a £200 turbo to it.

13. proseal

proseal Member

DO NOT BUY THAT TURBO, I bought one about 2 weeks ago as I thought it would be a awesomely cost effective solution. Well wrong. As soon as I tried to tighten the top oil feed all the threads stripped out as it seems to be made of chocolate or something then as soon as that was all sorted out it started smoking loads, not worth the investment

14. miffy

miffy Member

cheers for advice guys , decided to leave the t25 on untill ive got it running nice and gonna leave stock boost untill in more comfortable in the car , when i upgrade ill just buy t28r or something more sutable

15. adam-dorward

adam-dorward Member

Clear your inbox iv still got the arms

16. denniss13

denniss13 Member

never skimp out on turbos, just save and wait for a decent t28 to come up :)