Super clean PS13

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by zombie, Jun 4, 2014.

1. zombie

zombie Active Member

Ok. So it's been a fair old while since I've been on here. Haven't really been involved with cars for quite some time, since my last R32 really.

A friend of mine recently imported two really clean PS13's from Japan, and I've bought one of them. It's a factory SR20 manual, and sitting on 100,000 KM. A few little bits here and there, coilovers, 2way diff, RSR exhaust.

Here are a couple of snaps for it when it arrived at the unit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The plan is to keep things fairly simple. 2871r, and the usual that go with that. FMIC, fuel pump, injectors blah blah.

In the meantime, I've ordered a couple of interior bits. Key!s racing wheel and gear stick on their way over to me. Will grab some shots when I put them in. Just ordered a really clean Ergo to park my ass on.

[​IMG]

Had some 20mm spacers turn up today to sort out the horrible offset of those wheels. Not sure what route I'll take with wheels just yet. Maybe some Emotions, maybe something a bit fancier. But either way will probably mean going down the 5-stud route, so these should help in the meantime. Maybe a little roll of the arches too. Will dial down the ride height at the same time the spacers go on.

[​IMG]

The car is currently undergoing a respray, in the colour pictured, just to freshen things up. Didn't think i'd ever like a gold car so much :wack:

Shortly to be MOT'd, then registered. Will be my daily. Will add some more pics as and when stuff turns up and I get everything together.

2. goonsquad

goonsquad Member

Makes me want to import a fresh one and just keep it immaculate

3. Bricey

Bricey Member

Awesome looking car mate, hoping to see more from this.

4. kenta

kenta Member

great parts in order :thumbs:

5. DoriDave

DoriDave ~~Sore-Arse~~

Fuck me, ZOMBIE'S BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK :D

6. tidytobes

tidytobes Manfoot Kerb Magnet

Awesome car dude, will look great with the kit on ;)

7. imperious

imperious New Member

Neat base, good luck.

8. Fin

Fin Member

Looks awesome man!! Champagne gold?

9. Benwalsh91

Benwalsh91 Member

Love a clean PS13

10. Veilsidedan

Veilsidedan New Member

Beautiful car this pal well done :)

11. counteract

counteract -o=me

Good to see you back mate, put half as much effort into this as you did with the R33 and the JZX and you're gonna have a sweet car in your hands!

12. zombie

zombie Active Member

Cheers. Although the plan is to never be taking this one off the road for any considerable time. I just want to enjoy driving this and see what I want to do as I go along.

13. zNicko

zNicko Member

Thats is awesome its a k silvia yeah ?

14. zombie

zombie Active Member

So, a little update. Picked up the car the other night and drove it home. Everything was great, other than the bounces rear suspension in the world. But it was pretty late so just went it.

Went out to the car in the morning and couldn't work out why I couldn't stiffen up the coilovers. The MOT confirmed worst suspicions and both of the rears had pissed out all of their fluid. I'm 90% sure they're Kei office coilovers. So just going to find any decent replacements for the time being. Anyway, my friend sorted out the MOT for me.

[​IMG]

Took my dog out for a walk, so have some of that

[​IMG]

Once that fat lump was sorted, I drove up to buy some wheels off Doz from here. Couldn't be a nicer guy.

[​IMG]

Sorted out the ref documents today, so will send those off tomorrow.

In the meantime, I have a few interior bits to go in. Try and find to coilovers, get those on and fit the wheels/mess around with the ride height. Should all be ready to go soon.

15. Ross.

Ross. Active Member

looking good man! love the colour :)

16. Doritofu

Doritofu Active Member

I always love seeing a clean and subtle s13, and those new wheels with the kit and gold paint should make it look amazing.

17. Koncept_drifT

Koncept_drifT Member

sick wheels.. clean ps!! look forward to progress!

18. PHIL-BLR

PHIL-BLR Member

I have a set of tein rear coilovers off a s13 in good condition for same if your intrested ?? Sorry for the Spam

19. zombie

zombie Active Member

So, test fitted the wheels tonight. Decided to try out the 5 stud conversion spacers. Everything seemed to go on pretty easily. Had to shorten one of the original studs, all easy enough. Only done one side as I ran out of time and I noticed I'm missing 4 of the nuts, so I'll ring driftworks tomorrow and get those sorted.

So, bear in mind that only one side of the car has the 18's on, the other still has the 17's. Also the drive is far from level, and the rear coilovers are still fucked so at a spastic height.

So, going to put the other wheels on in a couple of nights. But pretty confident that I can get away with just a mild roll on the rear arches and the fronts should be fine once I dial in some camber. Will check all of that on the weekend once the other wheels are on as well as some new rear coilovers, dropped the ride height etc. Anyway, few pics, really happen with the fitment.

Wheels are 18x9.5 and 18.8.5 and et28 and then there are the 25mm spacers, so et3.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. BenRice

BenRice Well-Known Member

Woah, this is kind of weird....

My nickname is the zombie
    I have an S13 Silvia too (but two tone silver/grey)
    It runs vertex as it's street kit
    And VS-XX as street wheels (but 17")

Quite spooky