TT-01 Drifter

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by RichGR32, Jun 8, 2014.

1. RichGR32

RichGR32 Member

So after being told im not allowed to spend money on real cars anymore I decided I would give RC cars a go,

I bought a Tamiya TT-01 on ebay, it came fitted with a 3Racing graphite chassis, a 9T brushless motor and a few other hop ups.

[​IMG]

My current car is a Honda S2000 so naturally that was the first shell I bought.

[​IMG]

That shell unfortunately came to an untimely demise thanks to a rock jumping out on me at very high speed, so it is now spending its life as a basher.

It was now onto my next project, this shell is meant to be part of a kids toy and not designed for RC cars

[​IMG]

and after a lot of cutting/modifying and painting it now looks like this and still not yet complete

[​IMG]

2. RichGR32

RichGR32 Member

i then finally managed to install some lights and a few stickers,

[​IMG]

and currently waiting on some orange LED's to put in the top part of the windscreen

3. RichGR32

RichGR32 Member

a Perspex chassis plate was made up and then i trial fitted the rear arches, they are made from a paint roller tray

[​IMG]

i am planning to paint the arches green to match and give them a good dose of stickers too.
    The plan is to put carbon fibre on the underside of the Perspex just as i did for the S2000 shell

4. RichGR32

RichGR32 Member

And once this shell is complete my plan is to make a replica of Barricade from Transformers (police Mustang) complete with lights and decals

5. Spanair

Spanair Member

that is pretty damn neat, nice!

6. R3dd3v1l

R3dd3v1l Member

this is mental.... lovely!

7. Skubi

Skubi New Member

do something with rear part of body and it will be fine :D