Buxton Raceway Drifting Weekender 16th-17th August

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by Broadley, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Broadley

Broadley Member

[​IMG]

The next weekend up at Buxton Raceway is August 16th and 17th both starting from 9am.

It's £10 to get in, still £10 to be a passenger per day, and £20 to drive per day.

This event is at Buxton raceway, about 3 miles from Buxton town at SK17 0RR.

The timetable will be something like this:

Friday night: Camping available. Depending on numbers the bar may be open.

Saturday: Drift practice from 9am till 5pm, from 5pm there will be an hours practice on Sundays comp track.

There will be a tyre van on site, £5 per rim to change tyres. TyrZ will be in attendance and following last times drifting he has a rough list of sizes that you guys want.

Practice sessions are tailored to drivers ability. If you are new and want to go out alone that's fine, let us know. If you're with a mate and want to practice twinning then queue up together and let the gate men know. You'll see the regular guys going out in huge trains, I've seen 14 or more, quite something.

Saturday night: Bar open until late. Mayhem and daft games all night. Camping free. There are good clean toilet facilities for a wash in the morning but no showers or hot water.

Sunday: Circuit opens at 9am for practice. Then at 3pm we'll have the competition. This will be on a different track layout to whatever practice track we've had and is open to everyone. A prize for the winner of the comp will be FREE drifting the month after, therefore with Dan Howell winning the comp he will receive a FREE drift weekend this time round.
    [​IMG]
    Also on a separate thing from the Comp i also picked a driver from Saturday and Sunday who will also receive a prize of a free weekends drifting next month, this has been done as a thank you from Buxton to all the Drifters from July's event.

There should be an hour's practice afterwards if you aren't competing, but no guarantee.

There's a burger van on site and a bar open. Anyone thought to be drinking and drifting will be breathylised.

£10 per day to get in for every adult. £20 to put your car on track (per driver), and £10 to be a passenger. Kids get in free. Passenger rides available.

Please read the timetable above and understand what you are coming to. Also the competition is open to EVERYONE so don't worry about your level of ability, you're welcome to have a go.

There is no need for booking if you want to come drift just come and drift simple as.

Can't wait to have you all back for a mad weekends drifting.

Thanks

Lee Broadley
    Buxton Drift promo staff

#1 Broadley, Aug 12, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
  2. Magic_Performance

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

good stuff son

3. driftdog

driftdog Member

Sweet, been waiting for this to come up, gonna try do both days and pray the new radiator doesnt blow like a nuke as it did last month.

4. Broadley

Broadley Member

Sorry for being late posting the event.
    Just make sure she's bled up properly and it'll be reet. Going to be a good weekend, August is always a good round.

5. Torero

Torero Member

Lee, I'm a newcomer just speculating on the drift scene and really want to try it out. When you say be a passenger for a tenner, does it mean anyone that offers can take me or do I have to come with someone who brings their own ride? At present haven't got anything I could run.

Sorry for the noob question.

John.

6. JA3llis

JA3llis New Member

Just pay a tenner to get a passenger band and talk nicely to anyone you can and jump in a passenger seat don't forget your helmet. Me and a few mates will be there il be in a light green e36 with a black osf wing and my mate will be in his silver 5 series v8 would be more than happy to take you out for a few laps

7. Broadley

Broadley Member

Hi John, £10 gets you a passenger wrist band so you can go out with whoever you like. What we do ask is that no pestering of the drivers happens while they queue up, as it got a bit out of hand a while back.

8. Torero

Torero Member

Cheers buddy :thumbs: when I read that I got butterflies as itwas what I was hoping to hear.

Thanks a bunch, really appreciate it.

9. Torero

Torero Member

Thanks Lee :thumbs: sounds like a great experience for a rookie, just what's needed to get a proper insight and feel for drifting.

Also, it looks very well organised buddy.

10. Broadley

Broadley Member

Thanks appreciate the kind words.

11. Torero

Torero Member

You're welcome. Hope to see you soon.

12. driftdog

driftdog Member

Mega day, i hate a wet track but its mega knowing you have spent £0 on tyres :-)
    Me little silver 323 is treating me well so far :-) roll on next month.

13. PpDrift

PpDrift New Member

How did it go guys???

14. Broadley

Broadley Member

Huge thanks to everyone that came, some serious driving happened and congratulations to Scott Cartledge on the win in the comp even with a snapped shaft.

Hope the weather plays along next month as it was dreadful on Sunday, see you all again soon.

15. blackmx5

blackmx5 Member

What would be the deal with coming along to spectate and take photos (just for me, I'm shit) at the next one? Is that cool?

16. driftdog

driftdog Member

Id of liked to of stayed for the comp but my let down friend never turned up in his van with my tools, spares and MORE FUEL haha and it left me skidless at half2 and needing to get home on red fuel light.

Has anyone taken photos of the monsoon sunday? im sure we hit out an 8 car train for a good faultless 6 laps, even being at the back was ace.

17. Magic_Performance

[​IMG]

Think this is Loz Hanson's photo and I m pretty sure she's got some more , also check tyre smoke photography (Sat) and Robbie Poole , Tash at 8 ball photography may have some more too

18. Broadley

Broadley Member

Yes that's fine, if you have PLI and a hi-vis then you can go on track to get some shots.

19. blackmx5

blackmx5 Member

Brill! Might look into getting PLI!

20. Broadley

Broadley Member

It's cheap enough and great if you want to further your photography.