S14 street car - trying this again

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by topi, Aug 23, 2014.

1. topi

topi KlutchKickKidz

I was offered a trade deal I couldn't refuse, so after ripping BMWs for quite a while, I ended up with this disgusting looKING s14

[​IMG]

The good bit is that it already had a pretty fresh SR20 with some nice parts etc. So there's some potential there.

I set about fixing some dumb wiring, getting rid of the cabbage launcher exhaust, and generally de-shitting some things.

[​IMG]

This is where I'm at so far:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

When I first put some (borrowed) coilovers in, it sat like this.... but the exhaust literally rested on the ground. Once I tuck the exhaust up a bit, I'll be going as close to this as possible again haha

[​IMG]

2. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

Nice work Jack, looks better than 99% the ones on here where the owners have spent 50 pages and shitloads of money trying to.

3. topi

topi KlutchKickKidz

Haha thanks.

The plan is to build the best s14 really easily and ruin the day

4. ckdrift

ckdrift New Member

very standard looking, where is the car coming from?

5. topi

topi KlutchKickKidz

Canada my friend. Or the devils butt hole, I'm not sure

6. topi

topi KlutchKickKidz

Some new stuff with this includes taking it to do some drifting for real, which can be witnessed in this vidya

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=941706545859105

And an incar run, potatoe view

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10154535524950453&set=vb.695295452&type=2&theater

It went really well. The car made sweet amounts of power, was pretty responsive and solid feeling, never got hot, and I didn't crash into anybody. Now one thing I've learnt recently is that not having a fucking handbrake is actually a dumb thing. I'm the biggest supporter you'll find for massive clutch kick entries and excessive pedalling, but when you're sharing the track with a bunch of cars and trying to get close to shit - you should have a decent wand so you can avoid stuff and change your line sometimes. Unfortunately I forgot about this until a few days before the event, and of course my cables were stretched beyond any use, but the pads and rotors looked mint. I threw a set of new cables in there so I'd be fully ready to ripshred, and.... both rear calipers were seized anyway, so it still didn't work for shit. So it was good, but sometimes hairy as fuck.

I was borrowing some Stance coilovers for the track day, but shortly after that I received my Powered by MAX badasses. So they went on and it looks like this at the moment.

[​IMG]

I gotta raise the exhaust a bit and then I want to drop the rear down some more. And then acquire more wheels and generally make shit ruder.

#6 topi, Sep 21, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2014
  7. crazyae86

crazyae86 Well-Known Member