Mercedes E55 AMG, 5.4ltr V8 angry wheelspinning posh awesomeness. Long MOT etc- £1800

Thread in 'Drift cars for sale' started by Stavros, Nov 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

As title really.
    Wouldn't believe how ridiculous/retarded it feels to sell this car as it's fucking amazing, I love every minute of driving it, and almost no doubt the prices of these will rocket up soon too, but thanks to the RX7 of nightmares, and life in general, I'm skint, so I gotta sell it.

Originally was on the lookout for a cheap but mechanically sound E55 AMG to use as a spares car for the turbo one (see my project thread), but instead ended up with a pretty bloody good one off a friend of a friend, and as the turbo one hasn't broke anything, and as this one is too nice to break, it's for sale as a whole car.

Basically, it's a 1998 Mercedes E55 AMG 5.4ltr 24V (3 valves per cyl) V8, with MOT until 15th August 2015, and it's badass.

Factory book figures claim 350bhp and 390lbft from these, but most rolling road results on these show more like 50bhp and 50lbft more than that, and tbh it feels like that too- I took Thomas Zurawski out in this one yesterday and the first thing he said was it felt like about 400bhp. The powerband on these is fucking awesome too, peak torque is barely off idle, and it holds it right through the rev range, and peak power is fairly high for a V8 too, with it pulling strong with no noticeable drop in power even well in to the redline (it changes up at 6200rpm or so).
    The car weighs about as much as an E39 at 1700kg, so basically, it fucking flies, no matter what speed you nail it at.

My fave thing about it though, is unlike BMs and tbh most cars, which are built to grip, AMGs are always built just to be a bit stupid, so this thing just wants to smoke the tyres constantly.
    Even in the stone dry and a straight line the traction control light is flashing until over 60mph, a burnout happens just by putting it in 1st, having one foot lightly on the brake, and lightly touching the throttle with the other, and in the wet it even wheelspins at about 1500rpm and light throttle if you doing 30odd lol.
    It's a proper hooligan car, I love it.

Probably the thing that makes me feel stupid for selling it the most though, is it's clear that with a set of coilovers (BC Racing, K-Sport, and loads more sell them for this car), a drivers bucket seat, and a welded diff, this thing would be an absolute drift monster smoke machine. It handles bloody well as is with the active suspension set to stiff, you can manually shift 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th gear, it changes gear bloody fast, it has tons of lock, and most of all, the engine is retarded and a proper smoke machine.

As well as being fast as fuck, it's stupidly posh too, with electric adjustable bloody everything (even the adjust the head rests in the seats, and there like 4 memory settings for each seat!), fancy leather and dark wood trim, a DVD head unit, and connected even bigger DVD screen in the roof for the rear (though that one needs fixing to the roof better as it's dropping a little- Strong double sided tape), and unless you driving hard, its amazing comfy and quiet and relaxing. Almost hard to believe the angry noises that happen when you put your foot down lol.

Maybe it's because I love Mercs, but I think it looks fucking badass too, sitting pretty low on 18in AMG Monoblocks, and silver is my fave colour too.
    And unlike 99% of these Mercs, it's pretty bloody un-rusty. Unlike most cars, they're always damn solid underneath, but fuck knows why but the cosmetic panels are always rusty as hell, but not this one really, with just a bit on one rear arch, one front arch, and around the boot lock- The usual places but not much- The camo turbo one has 10 times more, but still solid as a rock underneath.
    Paint isn't amazing, usual stuff, stone chips, kerbed/peely wheels, some key scratches on a rear quarter, few faded bits, a dented front wing after "Some fat cunt sat on it" (previous owners words), and drivers seat bolster has a slash in it, but as you can see from the pics, you can barely tell they're there, it's 'mint' for a cheap as hell car.

Only 145k on it too, which is literally barely run in on these. The tuner in the UK that fits these engines in to smaller Mercs (forget the name now) always says "the more miles they have, the more power the engines tend to put out". The Camo one has about 190k on it, and is strong as an ox lol.

Also, surprisingly for a car so full of gadgets and shit, aside from the aircon which needs regassing, literally everything that I've noticed actually works.

No idea what MPG it does, but surprisingly good, I drove it for a well over 100 miles yesterday for 25quid, and a lot of that was hoofing it as I can't resist. It's pretty decent as its very long geared and can easily keep up with any traffic while doing 1500rpm and almost no throttle. Hardest thing is your willpower to not cane it everywhere.
    It's got a good speed limiter function too, better than usual traction control, as on the digital display you select a speed, and with it activated you can use as much throttle as you like, and it won't go over that speed.

Finally, the plate is obv' a personalised one, ending in 6ABY, ie baby. R3 6ABY. RE Baby? Maybe a super keen Religious Education teacher lol.

Anyhow, here's loads of pics...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (no idea why the headrests look blue in the pic, must be the flash, the interior is all black)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So yeah, not sure what else to say. I don't think you could get a car anywhere near this fast for this cash, never mind something this fast AND good looking, posh, comfy, etc etc

£1800ovno. No retarded offers and no messers as it's all described and frankly I got no patience, esp when I love the car and don't really wanna sell it.

Car is in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, just off A40 or M5, so piece of piss to get to from anywhere.
    And if someone paid in full in advance (inc delivery costs and getting home after), I'd happily drive it anywhere to deliver it, as I fucking love driving it lol.

Cheers.

#1 Stavros, Nov 1, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2014
  2. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

Just so there's no "oh, I expected it to be a concours d elegance winner for that money" type dickheads, here's a load of closeups of the not so amazing bits too.

Notice though, that on the normal distance pics , you can't even fucking see em!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. bigboi

bigboi Member

Pm'd.
    P.s not worried about history lol

4. TABZ

TABZ Member

Yhpm mate.

5. Pikey

Pikey Active Member

Best car ever. I would buy this immediately if I didn't have an E Class already :)

6. Damien

Damien ~London Folk~

If I hadnt of just bought a 330d I'd snap your arm off with this, absolutely love these.

FREE BUMP FOR A WINNER SPEC VIP BARGE!!!

7. Dench59

Dench59 Member

Hi mate really interested could you send me a contact number
    Cheers

8. Dench59

Dench59 Member

Waiting for reply mate cash waiting

9. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

All 8000053 PMs replied to.

Turns out Richard Hammond on TopGear explained these cars well back in 2001 actually.
    "Nothing this big should go this fast"
    "It handles it's bulk pretty damn well"
    "It's actually enormous fun to drive"
    "I don't get it, I don't see why you need it, but it's huge fun"

10. Tailslider

Tailslider Member

All of that for £1800.. literally ridiculous.. If I didn't need a diesel for a daily and hadn't of just bought an e320cdi tourbus I would be all over this! GLWS :)

11. Timx5

Timx5 New Member

Ah, the AMG Get The F*ck Out Of My Way edition.

I'll call you on Wednesday when I find out the fate of the current runaround. It's been a while since i've driven a few hundred horsepower with a crosshair mounted on the bonnet, and my new job has more roundabouts than Milton Keynes.

12. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

Deposit taken.

Feel stupid selling it at all, but deposit taken lol.

13. scoobydan

scoobydan New Member

I stop looking for two days and this pops up

14. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

Sold and gone to Scotland, flew all the way down to get it.

15. kieran_e1

kieran_e1 In need of practice

soon to find the wall at driftland?

16. ps13_sr20

ps13_sr20 Guest

Ive one here for sale similar money if anyone's after one. In northern ireland no tax or test. Will test easy. Pm for more info

thanks

17. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

Nobody off here, dreamerworks don't actually have money, just like to talk

18. Damien

Damien ~London Folk~

#Truth

19. Dench59

Dench59 Member

Dreamerworks lol if your car don't sell no need to get upset

20. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

It sold within 2 days for full asking price you cabbage, just not on here.

#20 Stavros, Nov 22, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.