Drifting in Dartford?

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by jakemk2, Nov 4, 2014.

1. jakemk2

jakemk2 Member

Hi,

I am located in Dartford and have just bought a e36 compact that I am looking to start skidding with. I was just wondering if there was anywhere close that held drift days.

The only place I know of is Arena Essex but the big curbs and walls put me off at it will be my first time drifting. Is there anywhere else local to me where I can take my car to learn?

Jake

2. NikH

NikH Member

Lydden hill, its down towards Dover and they do novice track time for people who haven't skidded. Pretty sure you can get people to come out and give you a few tips too

3. jakemk2

jakemk2 Member

Do they often have open days or is it a rare occasion? I know they're harder to come by in winter as some tracks close.

Thanks for the quick reply BTW haha

4. NikH

NikH Member

Every month, I'm going down there on the 15th but i think that may be fully booked. Its £120 for the day... Theres a thread on here have a look through all the info is there

5. Rustyb

Rustyb Member

There's one this Saturday at lydden for £100

6. Ollie

Ollie LOOSE!

santa pod

7. bounty`

bounty` Member

Jake get your diff welded, get some Fk coils (ebay £160 delivered) and get to Santa Pod for a DWYB day.

I know someone who can weld your diff for you, and he's not far from Lakeside so fairly local to you...

8. jakemk2

jakemk2 Member

Could you pm me with some details for the guy who can weld my diff? and thanks for the recommendation on the coilovers.

9. yassa

yassa Member

for a first skid day i would have said norfolk arena loads of room nothing to hit and if you ask malx will take you on track totally alone ok its 1.5 hour drive but you will get loads of seat time lydden will still take you at least an hour to get to norfolk is 40 quid all day contact minnie @norfolk arena drift team on facebook, have fun

10. bounty`

bounty` Member

I'll ask how much he wants to do it for ya, I'll let you know later.

Try not to get hit by any paper balls this afternoon....:cool:

11. pecs

pecs Member

Book yourself in to santa pod, to lean the basic and not have the fear of hitting a wall on your first outing.