Clutch advice needed (S13)

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by mav, Jan 15, 2005.

1. mav

mav Active Member

The clutch on my S13 is starting to slip so here goes for bending over and getting arse raped by the local garage again I guess.

Anyone got any advice on what clutch to get along with cost? Im running approx 215 - 220 bhp at the moment and will be wanting a bit more from the car yet.

Its not too bad at the moment and only slipping in higher revs, also if im doing 85 in 5th on the motorway and I put my foot down without changing down it will accelerate upto about 100 before it suddenly slips.

2. drift_gtir

drift_gtir 360 Motorsport

hi mate

ring srb power and they can sort you out with a wicked rps clutch , i got the organic max in my pulsar and i got to say it wicked, its not as mad as a padle but its can put the power down just like one , i made 270hp and 245 ft/lb
    on the roller about 3 weeks ago.

it cost me £330 for the pulsar but i gess it will be differnt price of a 13

good luck mate

3. mav

mav Active Member

Thanks for that mate

Do you have a number for them?

Also what are the characteristics of your clutch? I dont want an on / off type clutch as its used more on the road than for events even though it is technically a weekend toy.

4. drift_gtir

drift_gtir 360 Motorsport

there web page is
    http://srbpower.com/
    when it was new it was a bit on off but now its sweet, it will tack a load of shit all day, and you can feel it pulling very well all the way up the revs

only bad point was about 2-3 weeks after i put the clutch in my gear box snapper 5th gear of the shaft :wack: :wack: :wack: i dont no if that was down to the clutch as it was still new and i hadnt put much time on it .

but still a very good clutch , i no they sell a full carbon trippel plate clutch but i fink that £1400 :eek: :eek:

hope this helps mate.

5. SteveC200

SteveC200 Used to drift, now I don't.

RPS dont do a clutch for the CA.

6. -RC-

-RC- New Member

LUK clutch from Apex is £135. Seams to hold 218rwhp well :)

7. mav

mav Active Member

Thanks guys

Time to start saving then, Just went through my receipts for the car and found out my car is fitted with a "Mr Clutch" clutch :smash: and had a flywheel skim at the same time back in 1996 and the car has done a surprising 50k on it.

I wont be using Mr Clutch even though they are very cheap, I know of the rep they have and have had bad dealings with them in the past.

To top that im skint (why do these things always crop up when you are broke?) and im not sure how long the clutch will last as it is.