nissan s12 zx turbo manual rollcage drift ca18det

Thread in 'Drift cars for sale' started by S12essex, Jul 3, 2015.

1. S12essex

S12essex Member

Hi i am selling this s12 ..its a crazy car approximately 350 bhp and weighs 1100kg

this has been in our family for over 15 tthe car was stripped and resprayed about 10 years ago

The engine is a ca18det out of a s13 running stage 3Z32 afm 444cc injectors stage 3 ecut3 cosworth turbo bespoke exhaust Uprated fuel pump 225 nismo 1.5 diff so great to drive The front is running on tein coilovers with s13 hubs and z32 brakesthe shell needs a bit of welding to the floor and sills

The car has a welded in rollcage 2x buckets seat..drivers seat is a very comfy omp record and the passenger seat is a cobra daytonaThe car is an animal bad bits:the shell needs some tlc ie welding if you want it 100%Cant find the v5 as had it as a track car for so long now can tell you the reg though

The engine need finising. as in breather pipes and water pipes..its running and can be heard Theslave
    cylinder has ceased as not been used recentlyla
    some rust on the rear archwhere the old sunroof was plated their is a tiny crack in the paintla
    It can come with spares for the right price

£2500.00 onola

- - - Updated - - -

Can't seen to load pics but it is on ebay

2. S12essex

S12essex Member

Hi back up for sale

3. DouglasB

DouglasB Member

Is the CA forged? Seems a lot for something that's usually only capable of 280? Got a mate who would be interested in this if the engine wasn't now a potato

4. Ruishy1

Ruishy1 Active Member

Who the fuck told you that, the CA is only just a bit weaker than the SR, they are easily capable of 350 bhp if they have been looked after.

5. DouglasB

DouglasB Member

Seen it a few places a year back when I had mine. Thought it was common not to go over 280. My mistake boss

6. DouglasB

DouglasB Member

Just checked my suspicions mate and 3rd from the top was this on sxoc...
    "1500-2000 wont give you a reliable, drivable 300bhp S13, even without forging the engine (you can stick to oem rods & pistons for 240-280hp). Even second hand stuff ..."

Sorry for hijacking the post but anyone else care to wade in on the situation? Ha

7. initial_j

initial_j Made guy

What you read something on the Internet so it must be true yeah?

I hate to be the one to tell you but the internet is just a load of words written by people. I could write here that I have a pet unicorn and the cure for cancer. Doesn't make it true does it

8. DouglasB

DouglasB Member

I'm not saying it makes it true... but unless I learn from experience then I don't know. My only source of learning about engines is from the Internet. Not all of us are lucky enough to be able to spend money here and there on new drift cars and engines. If I see a few people saying something is gonna blow then I'm not gonna do it. No need to be hostile about it. Everybody needs to start somewhere

9. Ruishy1

Ruishy1 Active Member

Had a 300 bhp ish CA years ago, as long as its maintained and mapped properly its easy. The gearbox on the other hand wasn't as happy.

10. DouglasB

DouglasB Member

Ah that's cool! So when you say maintained properly I'm presuming you mean having an oil cooler/catch can of some sort, and just changing all fluids regularly

11. docwra

docwra Active Member

"Starting somewhere" doesnt usually involve telling someone they are wrong and that you know better.

As it happens Im the chairman of SXOC, and I can probably find you 100 quotes from people that have run CA's up and over 300hp with standard internals, me included. 350 is definitely high, but its not necessarily dangerous.

There are a few bits missing from description though - if its running a diff whats been done to the back end so it will fit, what is the rear suspension and what "stage 3" chip is in it - IIRC the ND stg3 was the only chip for a T3, anything since that has been for T2*'s and either way youre talking 12+ years ago .......

12. onewheeler

onewheeler Member

Well why didn't you start a new discussion on it instead of filling a for sale thread with this crap? Have a bit of respect.

13. S12essex

S12essex Member

Hi wow just came on here so I am told the engine will run 350 with the turbo and injectors and z32 and 3" exhaust which it has I believe that as running 23 psi how long for tho I don't know if I was keeping it I would fit a oil cooler
    So the chip is Horsham stage 3 bought not mapped
    The rear diff is the same case just a nismo insides so I am told
    You don't have to change anything to the rear
    I will take offers on this as I don't use it any questions please ask I am here if you would like to add anything

14. DouglasB

DouglasB Member

I never said anyone was wrong? He asked 'who the fuck told you that'. I said I'd read it somewhere then followed it up with a quote. Nothing more, nothing less.
    After it I asked if anyone could wade in on it to shed some light as to what they were like.. which people have done and I appreciate.

Apologies to ruining your for sale thread mate. At least it's free bumps I suppose haha

15. S12essex

S12essex Member

Bump offers

16. Eynonz

Eynonz Member

Any images of this?

17. mospin

mospin Active Member

18. S12essex

S12essex Member

Yes thank you

19. S12essex

S12essex Member

Open to offers now baby is due this week no chance I can do anything to it now

20. S12essex

S12essex Member