Driving to Anglesey in a daily. What are the roads like?

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by Joe83, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Joe83

Joe83 New Member

Thinking of going to Anglesey soon. What are the roads like near the track? Are there any lethal speed bumps to bottom out on or any other elements on the roads to stop driving to the track?

2. mattc

mattc Member

All good. Great roads and then some twisty B road to actual tack last few miles. Then some speed bumpe when on site at the track

3. GethinD

GethinD [][][][][][][][][][]

As mattc says, the only issues you'll have are the speed bumps when on site. My bottom arms, exhaust and chassis rails were scraping / catching that heavy that i raised the coilovers 30mm when on site. My S13 was silly low at the time and by all means is still very low now even though I've raised it 30mm!

4. Joe83

Joe83 New Member

Seems crazy they have speed bumps on site. Reminds me of the ones you get when you go into Snetterton over the bridge. They were pretty lethal. Why do they have these on site? I presume you can't get round them then? Might have to raise the car a little like you said then.

5. mattc

mattc Member

Its to slow people down?

People who ahve been to a race track then think they are race car drivers so slows people down on site, simple really.

6. Nutter

Nutter Member

If your running a 'low' car then speed bumps are a problem in and out of the circuit.

Bumps are just place because if the idiots racing up and down.

Roads in general are ok. One or two if you run a 'low' car you'll have to slow down for and camber changed in the roads.

Same as anywhere else really