1999 Mazda Mx5 NB

Thread in 'Drift cars for sale' started by Doofmeister, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Doofmeister

Doofmeister Member

1999 Mazda Mx5 nb (mk2) for sale. The car has 104733 miles on it and was last serviced the day before i bought it @circa 99k.
    The has been driven how its supposed to be, no qualms about that but it has never to this day missed a beat.
    The engine is cammed so you get a lovely rasp at around 4k revs and you certainly feel a kick of power once you reach those revs.
    Car is on lowering springs, sits quite low but remarkably never scrapes on the chassis, front bumper has a few speed bump scrapes though of course.
    Body work is a bit tatty, scratches here and there and the odd dent. Never been drifted in my ownership but certain bumps suggest is has been in its previous ownership.
    Paintwork is shoddy. The rear was looking worse for wear apparently so the owner thought he'd give it a respray, frankly its abit shit, slightly off, you can barely tell though with a good polish and a clean.
    That may raise alarms but by all means bring a magnet and check for filler, ive not found any so its not crash damage repair!
    car has a fair amount of paperwork and an extensive service history, would be a perfect learner drift car if only the diff was welded, literally NO body roll when high speed cornering.

Bits that are worse for wear -

>paint as mentioned
    >rear pads need doing but i have brembo replacements
    >one headlight bulb is out but i too have replacements for those
    >one of the diffbushes are on its way out, not really an issue but im just being honest
    >car idles rough and takes some time to start, been told its the cams post installation
    >for some reason the cd/radio doesnt work along with interior light and clock, been told this could be a faulty ground or something, never really bothered to fix it as im rarely in the car anyway.

Oh and the roof is brand spanking new!!

Car is located in wolverhampton, wv14.
    Call or text on 07469991463

Price is £1000 or nearest offer.

Car doesnt come with nardi wheel in some pictures as its cracked at one of the bolts.

Thanks for viewing.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#1 Doofmeister, Aug 19, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  2. mad.matt

mad.matt Well-Known Member

Had to read through to make sure I hadn't missed it but - 1.6, 1.8 or 1.8VVT?
    Open Diff or Torsen diff?

Just a couple questions that may be asked :)

3. Doofmeister

Doofmeister Member

Cheers for highlighting that! :)

1.8 with aftermarket cams
    i believe its open although i have had times while driving it when its acted asif it were locked. so im not completely 100%

:)

4. Doofmeister

Doofmeister Member

too the tippy top.

5. Doofmeister

Doofmeister Member