Poirier's 3S14 Beams Build

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by poirier4, Aug 23, 2015.

1. poirier4

poirier4 Member

Hey :dw:! It's 2015, well August and this is what I've been doing since I got my S14, it sat in my garage, it sat in my tempo, it sat looking nice in my entrance for almost a year.

I picked up this 1994 Nissan S14 Imported from Japan. It was 6hours away and no engine, I packed up my rough body FD3S and went to exchange to get this nice S14, why? BECAUSE I HATE BODY WORK LOL! But most of all is I love drifting and I want to have a nice street car that I can just go drift

Little History this car was powered by a sr20det and blew up, not surprising XD so I spend about 4-5 months deciding what engine I wanted to go with. My choices

RB25
    1JZ
    VQ35
    1UZ
    3SGE BEAMS
    and 4G63T

1. I did not was to go with a SR20DET and have it blow up,,,.... yeh yeh NEO VVL I don't care much. At one point I was tired of looking at this car and even sourced a KADE for 200$ but then I said nah I want to do something cool and unique because that's just the way I do things... lol

This car used to be pink
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

was painted white before I go it and this picture made me fall in love with this car
    [​IMG]
    So packed up and went to get it
    [​IMG]

Sold the BBS Replica and just put these XXR 530 in the front and some Desmond Longchamp in the rear
    [​IMG]
    Winter time sleepy time
    [​IMG]
    added a little bit of leverage on the handbrake
    [​IMG]

winter is over and the snow is melting decided that the drift evo needed it's 3spoke wheels so installed some work vs replica
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Also change the steering wheel, imma have todo something about that dash
    [​IMG]

and so it was time for that Engine 3sge beams for 1000$ like ok why? 210hp, 6speed manual, titanium valve and valve springs stock, this engine loves to rev but why non turbo :( well I'm going to eventually get the greddy turbo kit for the 3sge beams made for the sxe10 rs200 altezza which is 1800$ sooooo for 2800$ I have 350hp reliable engine that wont blow up like the candy sr, cheaper than a rb or jz swap and I'm going to be saving the wire diagrams and stuff for everyone because someone will want todo this swap for sure!! ask the ae86 guys about this engine much better than a sr swap
    [​IMG]
    so picked it up slapped it in the back of my TDI Golf
    [​IMG]

So I made some custom engine mounts and transmission mounts and what's really funny is it lines up really damn good,
    even the shifter is right in the hole of the stock sr tranny like wow this is an easy swap, even the stock powersteering lines bolt up like damn!

(P.S.) my videos are meant to be taken ver lightly LOL

side plates made out of 1/4 inch this flat bar which is kinda overkill but oh well
    [​IMG]
    also making it so that the engine mounts are altezza engine mounts flipped so that anybody and make engine mounts by using the stock altezza stuff
    [​IMG]
    the transmission mount which will be boxed soon, still again using the stock altezza bushing, and 1/4inch plate which is overkill again but wtv it will be strong
    [​IMG]
    as you can see it fit's pretty good, only thing is the front sway bar was where the oil pan was, I will need to order a jz/rb/ls front swaybar kit
    [​IMG]
    as you can see not much missing but just enough
    [​IMG]
    SEXY!!!
    [​IMG]

took engine out to redo the wiring harness and apart adding extensions for 2-3 sensors on the passenger side everything else pretty much cliped right into it's new location without any trouble.
    [​IMG]

2. poirier4

poirier4 Member

since the altezza is a returnless system i want to make a return system like the stock sr, I unbolted the two ends of the fuel rail(wow toyota knew people would swap these engines) and bought a 12x1.25 to -6an and a -6an to barb hose fitting to fit with a aftermarket fuel pressure regulator.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Only thing left todo is wiring, coolant plumbing which wont be hard and driveshaft which I'm getting done by Shawn from Ottawa Driveshaft & Steering - 1455 Michael Street, Ottawa

these three connectors I'm guessing if I go off what the nice people on facebook at ae86 3sge beams swapped tell me are important, anyways the is300 share almost the same diagram so this is the best I could find, the more I look at it, I know I have the Ea1 and Ea2 connector but the Ea3 connector isn't there or the altezza has a different connector I dunno i'll have to keep searching
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    is300 wire diagram plug
    [​IMG]
    there description
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Altezza SXE10 ECU PINOUT, a and b connector go to engine sensors, d and e connector I got from my buddy Ryan off a celica gts spare harness, these go out and will splice into the S14 f3 connector
    [​IMG]

f3 connector pinout for a s14 with sr20det via google
    [​IMG]

this is the f3 connector I sourced, it has the connector for the coilpack relay
    [​IMG]

1- wiper
    2- wiper
    3- tachometer - Ecu D26
    4- watertemp sender for gauge to ??
    5- speedsensor - Ecu D19
    6- empty
    7- empty
    8- scirx in ???
    9- ground
    10- ground
    11- 57???
    12- neutral position switch (prob not needed)
    13- empty
    14- empty
    15- sciclk ????
    16- empty

17- a/c relay not used
    18- scitx out ????
    19- check connector to what a obd2 plug? which I might get
    20- cooling ran relay (will be using fan on switch)
    21- 105?????
    22- fuel pump relay
    23- Black Wire so ground?????
    24- tps ya not needed
    25- a/c switch not needed
    26- empty
    27- cooling fan relay (will be using fan on switch)
    28- MIL Check engine light - Ecu Pin E7
    29- sensor power
    30- start signal (this for the starter switch??)
    31- Evap not needed
    32- ecu backup power (? prob not needed)

33-36 - empty
    37- a/c not needed
    38- knock sensor ground
    39- boost pressure sensor ground
    40- power to injectors - EA1 Pin 7
    41- wiper on off and int switch (so the power to the relay im guessing)
    42- wiper
    43- wiper
    44- wiper
    45- wiper wash switch
    46- relay next to ecu for coilpacks
    47- empty
    48- ignition switch - ECU Pin E16

Ok so I have these three connectors on my s14 chassis that I don't know what they are for and I can't find anything for them so do you guys have any idea?
    [​IMG]

and these other two connectors I'm guessing some sort of ground or alternator on sr?
    [​IMG]

so that's it guys, more to come I just wanted a little bit of help on my wiring so any guru's the help is greatly appreciated or if anybody can help with some sr20det rhd japan wiring pinouts would be great.

THANKS!!!!

#2 poirier4, Aug 23, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
  3. Muff31

Muff31 Member

Definitely subscribing! Always wanted to do this kind of conversion but beams motor aren't that accessible over here

4. Black steel

Black steel Member

That beams lump is such a sweet engine in the manual revs like a bike! Had an RS200 for 16months years ago still miss it now even after having owned a few more decent japs 300zx, s14, evo 4, r32. Try and get some spare coilpacks leave them in glove box mine played up some times they were £120 each from dealer :/ so I went breakers lol hard to find tho

5. poirier4

poirier4 Member

thanks guys, I'm working on a full diagram pinout and blueprint of everything needed to make this swap done, which will then be put into a pdf file

here's what I got so far
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. david.fryklind

david.fryklind New Member

Are you going to wire it into the stock SR harness?
    When i wired my 350Z w/ VH45 i decided to just take signal from the ignition (Acc1, Ac On, Start) and run them to a separate homebrew panel with relays and fuses for the VH45 wiring. Ran separate power, ground, everything to and from this panel.
    I think it ended up with the 3 ignition position relays, 1 fuel pump relay, 1 coil relay and 1 ECU relay. From those i ran wires through fuses and on to the wires for the VH45.

7. YosemiteHD

YosemiteHD New Member

Sweeet thread dude. Definitely going subscribe to this thread. Keep up the good work man!

8. GrimWheeler

GrimWheeler New Member

do you have this PDF finished?

I was looking for how you finished pinning out your EA2 and EA3 connectors.

Thanks in advance!

G

9. poirier4

poirier4 Member

Hey bro, ya I gave up on running the stock ecu, my crank sensor gave out that's why it wouldn't start, and the ecu didn't like the throttle body mod for no electronic throttle, for the ea2 ea3 connectors they are basically your reverse lights + speed sensor + alternator

[​IMG]
    i think the two red one next to each other are the reverse lights
    brown would be ground
    the black red andthe red black are alternator ones "s" sense and the other one "l" Lamp

[​IMG]
    blue is like a/c
    the three reds next to each other are the + - and sense for the speed sensor
    and the other red on top of the blue I forget,

i'm actually running aem ems-4 now with 4bar gm map, gm iat sooo tunable and less trouble

more to come shortly, I forgot I have a build thread on here lol and to answer the other guy, no I used 3sge beams harness into the stock f4 plug an the two plugs for the tranny sensors and alternator near the fusebox

10. GrimWheeler

GrimWheeler New Member

Looks good man!!

Thanks for the update..

I think on my E2 it was Blue with a yellow.. for the Alt 12v sense...

and of course.. I didn't write them down before I wrapped up the wires..

I did get mine running though.

Spins the 35's nicely. Should be interesting in the sand considering I went from a CA20E to the 3sge.

OH.. which throttle mod? the 'premium Japan Throttle Convert kit' ? or a different one?

I'll check out that EMS-4.. looks like a good choice.
    [h=3][/h]

11. poirier4

poirier4 Member

Got the car started

for the e202-e19 plug
    [​IMG]
    1- yellow - alternator "S" wire
    2- green reverse light (Doesn't matter which wire)
    3- red vss
    4- unused neutral position switch
    5- white/red alternator "L" Wire
    6- green/white reverse lights (Doesnt Matter which wire)
    7- red/yellow vss
    8- black unused neutral position switch/5th position switch

the vss has 3 wires
    +, - and signal
    the reason the e202 plug has two vss one goes to cluster and one goes to the f3plug that goes to the sr ecu normally, I put them together so hopefully my vss will work, and i will get a signal at the f3 plug that I will connect to the aem ecu via gpio pin

as for the reverse lights, they work now, the two pins doesn't matter which wire is connected to which wire, its just a circuit once it's completed by putting into reverse, the lights turn on

[​IMG]
    as for the 2nd connector
    1- black/yellow starter signal
    2- yellow/blue ground for Oil pressure warning light (connect the sensor near the oil filter to it yellow wire)

the third connector, no idea i think it has todo with sr a/c?

#11 poirier4, Jun 22, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2016
  12. sparky_s13

sparky_s13 Active Member

Awesome love this, cant help but think it looked better in pink though

13. poirier4

poirier4 Member

hahaha yeah the guy painted it white because nobody would buy it pink, I plan on painting it orange in the future

14. gt4tosupra

gt4tosupra Active Member

Awesome thread! Quick question, what are the bbs copies called which were originally on the car,,,, I want somet like that for my soarer!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

15. poirier4

poirier4 Member

the bbs replica are fast wheels dtm 18x8 +35 and 18x9 +??(it was written 18x8 +35 on the back of the mag) I sold them, I also sold the XXR 530 18x8.25 +15, right now I'm running the three spoke wheels but I plan on buying new mags in the future, I'm concentrating on getting the car running, getting a street tune good enough to go drift, then winter time turbo swap and dyno tune and yep :) then i can worry bout mags and paint and seats etc