240Sx S13 camber, caster, height

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by MBCUSTOM, Jul 4, 2018.

1. MBCUSTOM

MBCUSTOM New Member

I've just bought adjustable coilovers and camber kit for a 240SX S13.
    Somebody can help me with the riding height, the camber and the caster for front and rear?
    I would like to lower the car, but not too much.
    Regarding caster/camber, i would like to have a "light"drift set up that alow me to use the car also in a "normal" way (most of the time drift ).
    Do you have any suggestion?
    What is your set up?
    Thank you in advance.

2. smokebillowing

smokebillowing Active Member

Bon-Bon did a great write up on here once... Search for that

3. CamsX

CamsX Member

Hi, this my very own, and long, thread on suspension setup. https://www.driftworks.com/forum/threads/suspension-upgrade-plan-s13.262586/ I've learned a lot from the members of this forum

I've been drifting for less than 1 year, but this is my current setup in case you are interested:
    -3.8 front camber
    -0.05 front toe (out)
    -1.0 rear camber
    +0.10 rear toe (in)

As soon as you start lowering your car, the oem camber/toe adjustments won't allow any major changes, so keep that in mind. Front caster requires adjustable arms, and if you want to do big corrections for the rear camber you will also need to get RUCAs and as a consequence Rear Toe Arms.

If you are just installing the coilovers I will suggest the following:
    First set the desired ride height, preferably not slammed
    Max or close to maximum front negative camber, which should be around -2.0 to -3.0 degrees with camber plates
    0.0 Front toe
    Caster can't be adjusted afaik, so don't worry about that yet.
    +0.05 rear toe (in)
    Set rear Camber as close as possible to 0.0 . I would guess that once lowered, and without rear camber arms, it would be at -3.0 to -2.5 degrees, which will cause you to wear the inside of the tires when drifting. It's just part of the process so don't mind it much.

Make sure nothing is rubbing once you set everything up, and then go have some fun at the track!

Good luck!