adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator FPR - Vacuum pipe fitting??

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by mattstead, Oct 17, 2015.

1. mattstead

mattstead New Member

Hi, OK, its a long shot that anyone else on here has drifted one of these, but I'm sure the principles of adjustable Fuel Pressure regulators are the same.
    I've been asked by a friend to help fit an adjustable FPR (SARD blue adjustable) to his 1998 Diahatsu Avanzato trxx R4, (660cc turbo Keicar) It doesn't seem to already have a pressure regulator that I can just swap out, so I believe I can just introduce it into the fuel return line up near the rail... but not being that familiar with Turbos my main question is about the "vacuum/boost" connection as it is called, in the paperwork, please save me a lot of head scratching and let me know the best place to tap into for this? is it a case of T off another pipe such as a MAP pipe or what? (I believe that it should be a vacuum pipe, as opposed to a boost pipe but will stand corrected.)

Thanks.

2. Chunky899

Chunky899 Member

It will have a stock fuel pressure regulator but it might be built into the fuel rail.

Is the new AFPR a rising rate one or 1:1?

It will need it's own line from the inlet manifold otherwise it could cause issues with another pipe T'd off.

3. mattstead

mattstead New Member

Thanks the reply Chunky, I've now had chance to look at the car, and it has got a little regulator built into the rail, that has a vacuum feed of the manifold...what could be easier? Only question now is that if I leave the regulator in place, so that the fuel just passes through, but without its vacuum in place (or should I block it off) , I assume that it'll be at fully open and unregulated ??

and I've been told its a rising rate one.