Haw burnoots! e46 help

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by DouglasB, Oct 19, 2015.

1. DouglasB

DouglasB Member

Posting for a friend here

"So I'm looking for a bit of info on removing the ASC from my 2000 328. **his car is NOT an M3 and does not have DSC, it is specifically ASC**

I know that if you turn it off using the the button on the centre console it disable most of it, but not it all.

I'm looking for complete removal, I've tried pulling the fuses, all of the ones that could be related too ASC.

I've also read that unplugging the ASC connector from the TB would do the trick, tried pulling a connector that sits slightly above and to the left of the TB yesterday, this triggered the EML light and made the ASC light stay on, this made me hopeful.

Started it up, sat at 1k then slowly dropped to about 500rpm and then just cut out.

Any info on this would help greatly.

Cheers!"

He has now now been told from someone to pull the ABS sensor from one of the wheels and that should totally disable the traction control. Going to try that tonight with him and if it works then I will post up for any future help.

We are both completely new to BMW's so any sarcasm will go unnoticed

2. dan_gsxr

dan_gsxr Member

press and hold the tc button and you should get 2 lights on the dash

on my 330 that turns it all off

3. DouglasB

DouglasB Member

Thanks for the reply but that is mentioned in the post.
    Doesn't totally turn it off.

We disconnected the ABS sensor and that's sorted it. TC light on and ABS light on but spins the rear up non stop. Problem solved. HAWW BURNOOTS