FS: 1JZ Engine - Cheaps..

Thread in 'Parts for sale' started by dale_b, Nov 17, 2015.

1. dale_b

dale_b #DriftFactory

1JZGTE Engine - Read Discription Carefully

History of the engine as follows..

It's a great runner, Iv known the car/engine for many years, but some tiny fragments of turbo blade went through the engine when one of the turbos failed.. It sounded a bit tappy for a few days while we were driving the car in/out the shop in morning/evening while we were sorting out a new engine.. The compression went down to 95psi(warm) on one of the cylinders so the owner wanted a new engine.. After a few days it stopped tapping and the compression went back up to 120psi(cold).. Conclusion is that a bit of turbo blade got caught under a valve, then got spat back out.. Iv put a bore scope down and can't see any damage, but that's hardly conclusive.. The car this engine came from has 200k on the clock which is a mixture of Kms and Miles, estimated 150-160k miles.
    The engine is still pretty complete at the moment, I was saving it for myself, now got another one I want to use instead..

This is the compression results I took just before I took the engine out, it was tested while cold(had run for 30 seconds to drive car onto ramp), results as follows..
    120psi
    120psi
    150psi
    155psi
    155psi
    130psi

What's Included: (Exactly as per pictures)

Tall Block (unopened)
    Rocker Covers
    Aux Belt Tentioner
    Sump Assy
    Crank Pulleys (Aux pulley looks newish)
    Plastic Cam Belt Covers & Coilpack Cover
    Starter Motor
    PAS Pump Bracket/Cradle
    Inlet Mani & Throttle Body(With Idle Air Control Valve & Air Temp Sensor)
    Fuel Rail with Injectors & Pressure Regulator etc
    Water Pump & Rear Housing & Thermostat Housing (Soarer type, not Hydro Fan type, ideal for viscous or electric fans)
    Water Outlet Neck with both Water Temp Sensors
    Water Jacket Pipe
    Oil Filter Housing
    Knock Sensors, Oil Pressure Sensor, Oil Level Sensor

Price: £500 firm

Collection preferred from Guildford Surrey GU1.

Delivery can be arranged via pallet freight. Price is a guide price for uk mainland, please message us your address for an accurate quote. Price also covers materials and labour time to package the item safely and securely.

Pictures can be seen on eBay advert.. Item number 181894843628

2. Minimoke

Minimoke Member

I paid double this for a damaged gearbox setup from Dale; he weaseled out of it. Turns out I wasn't the only one who's been shafted by him too. Do with that what you will.

3. dale_b

dale_b #DriftFactory

Wasn't damaged when you bought it.. What do expect from a 20yr old gearbox designed for an 230hp NA car, being used on a 300hp drift car..?!?
    As you can see, I have listed this engine as potentially damaged, which I would have done with the gearbox IF it was damaged..

4. Minimoke

Minimoke Member

I expect it not to have a f**ked input shaft bearing which I noticed from the first start up. Before even driving it. I also expect the bellhousing not to have stripped threads where you bolt the slave cylinder to. I also expect the clutch kit included to have more than about three miles of life left in it. I also expected it to go into gear nicely. Reverse was hard to select, some gears graunched. You knew all of this before you sold it to me. I could tell by the way you were speaking on the phone that you knew you'd been rumbled.

I expected it to be in 'perfect working order' as advertised. Does that sound like perfect working order? The amount of people who said "Are you talking about Dale?" when I asked for advice over this said it all really.

Buyer beware.

5. Minimoke

Minimoke Member

It was a W58 mate.

6. jamesb16a2

jamesb16a2 Member

Is this front or rear sumo dale? E36 plans yo.

7. jamesb16a2

jamesb16a2 Member