Tow out or 0 tow on the front?

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by neoxmario, Dec 28, 2015.

1. neoxmario

neoxmario Member

Morning and very Xmas to everyone, just need some advise, got an e36 drift spec with the usual steering mods and run about 6mm(3mmeach side) tow out on the front, its not my daily but i do drive it to and from drift events, having that much tow out on the front wheels its very twitchy on the road, but its more predictable on the track, so my question is do i run less tow out or do a 0, many thanks in advance

2. oscar

oscar Member

Toe angle is best set to what feels good to you. Why not find a way of marking the setting you have now and then adjust to zero toe for normal driving ? Adjust back to what you have now when you are at the track.

3. neoxmario

neoxmario Member

I was thinking about it but want to find out what other people are running on their daily skiders and their feedback

4. mint

mint touch my fruit

Its personal opinion on what you like or are stuck with really. Close to 0 or toeing out a bit, Savage toe will kill your tyres a bit quicker but as you say, can feel nicer drifting. So meh up to you dude.

Mine was toeing out alot, felt fairly shit to drive about, Dialled it in a bit so closer to 0 and it felt alright. Its a drift car though, so its gonna handle like one regardless :p lol.

5. neoxmario

neoxmario Member

Thing is if i didnt have to drive it to and from the events like 200-300miles round trip each time with my toeing out wheels i would just leave them as they are, like you said eats through tyres pretty fast, ill try 0 this time and see if i can live with it on the track, i dont see the problem in that just wanted see see what everyone else is running, btw negative camber is not helping tyre wear either

6. mint

mint touch my fruit

[​IMG]

:)

7. neoxmario

neoxmario Member

:nod: im just saying, wasnt trying to make a point or anything, but that pic made giggle :D

8. BavarianZ

BavarianZ New Member

I run 1/4inch of tow OUT on my Z3. E36's in general run better with a little extra tow OUT on the front but 1/8in tow IN on the rear. My car kind of just floats with my full set up. with low power it initiates like butter.

9. silverzx

silverzx Member

Front:
    Camber -6*00
    Toe -0*20

Rear:
    Camber -1*50
    Toe -0*10

S14, daily driver. Just go with what feels good on track / drifting and live with road use however bad it is!