S body rear subframe bushes Solid, poly or nismo?

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by Clark3y, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Clark3y

Clark3y Member

Got a really nice setup in the rear axle of my S15 now really happy with it (geomaster hubs, hardrace bushed arms, stock lower arm, stock subframe bushes with collars, tipped foward for pro-squat), 2way LSD.
    Works really well, traction is fantastic BUT I have savage wheel hop from a standstill. Now I know this is a combo of subframe bush and diff bush causing it. I figure why not just solid mount the subframe, it's cheap to do and plenty of cars come hard mounted like this from the factory so NVH won't be too bad?
    If I fit these then I won't be able to keep the same angle on the subframe that I have now though? Maybe I could fit them and find it's exactly the same and it's the diff bushes causing it?

Any advice welcome, I just don't want to go ahead with something which is going ot cause really shitty NVH, or is just a total waste of time.

2. BenRice

BenRice Well-Known Member

Wheel hop is 99% of the time shocks. You running HSD's? We've had heaps do it over here

You tried running the struts set at full stiff? If so, then run a little preload on the springs

If it still does it then my money is on the struts needing to be replaced

3. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle In Safe Hands

Eh?
    Not true and why you'd try to solve it on a drift car by running STIFFER shocks is beyond me.
    OP - go with your original plan and fit some decent subframe, differential and rear lower arm bushes. It'll go away. Which ones is down to personal preference. Solid give a lot of noise through the chassis and a very pointed feel to the chassis. Personally, i like to go with decent polly urethane ones. Gives a very firm and predicable feel with less noise.

4. stefan

stefan Member

if you get gktech or spl parts solid subframe bushes they come with shims so you can still angle the frame if you wish.

5. BenRice

BenRice Well-Known Member

Oh that's right, it's only happened on 3 of the competition cars i've worked on

Replaced subframe bushes, LCA bushes, diff bushes on one, none of it helped. Swapped HSD's with BC's to test, problem went away