Seats for fat people?

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by Drifttrader, May 28, 2016.

1. Drifttrader

Drifttrader Member

I'm 6'4 40 inch waist and really big back and shoulders and can't fit in any drift seat comfortably

I've tried the XL driftworks seat and it was still a tight fit...

Any suggestions? I was thinking about just getting some reclining recaros that don't have fixed sides

2. speedykonzales

I don't know what waist I have, but I'm 130+kg. We had sparco junior at first, then it got small for me. Then we bought BiMarco Futura, thats the widest that fits in our car. First it was somewhat okay. Now it's small for me. Next step is stomach surgery.

3. mad.matt

mad.matt Well-Known Member

My Dad used a Sparco Evo III and it's frankly gargantuan on me, all the proportions are just odd when I'm 34" Waist and 6'2, he's got to be around your size but now uses an EVO II.
    I use a Sparco Evo II and it still has room, comfy enough to daily, tall enough for the head and wide enough at the shoulders.

I also fit in a Sparco Pro 2000 seat quite comfortably.

4. Chriscooke

Chriscooke Member

I've found that oem evo racaros are a bit snug and I'm similar proportions to you. You'll need to test some I expect.

5. Mike@TDSW

Mike@TDSW Active Member

I'm 6'5" and over 25st
    I use a motordrive pro 5
    It's probably the only fia approved bucket that I'll ever fit in.
    I've had 2 and sold one to jeeks of drift land fame, who's probably a bit closer to your size. We've both carted them from car to car ever since.
    its a special order seat so doesn't appear on their website but drop them a message. Iirc the first one I had that jeeks has now was made for a bowler wild cat. It's even 50mm taller than their stock seat range.

#5 Mike@TDSW, May 28, 2016
    Last edited: May 28, 2016
  6. Drifttrader

Drifttrader Member

Yeah he the one who had the grey 5 series?

I'll check them out now thanks bud

7. Aiden

Aiden Member

I'm about the same height and build, I use a Cobra Monaco S, which is a little bit snug but got it super cheap [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk