Hydro not working e36

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by LCR, Oct 9, 2016.

1. LCR

LCR New Member

Ive just bought an e36 with welded diff, hydro etc. Went for a drift day and noticed the hydro would not lock up the wheels, just slow down the car.

Ive had a look and its a 0.75" bore, im guessing it should be a 0.625" like i had in my previous e36 or is it needing bled?

Thanks in advance
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. thenextdk

thenextdk Member

Hit the nail on the head. Change the cylinder.

3. Adam-MGTF

Adam-MGTF Member

dumb question but you are pressing the clutch in aren't you?

what sort of condition are the rear pads/disks in? and is it well bled (if you tap the brake pedal first does that help?

my e36 and 46 have/had a 75 and it's fine. it's an ebay one as well so should be less than great really

4. thenextdk

thenextdk Member

I've driven cars with 0.7 cylinders on the hydro, would only lock the rears when already sideways or in the wet.

My car has a .625 and it'll lock with ease

5. Adam-MGTF

Adam-MGTF Member

like i say mines fine. locks up on my 36 as well as it did on my 46

6. dan_gsxr

dan_gsxr Member

i had to change my 0.7 out on the last car to a 0.625 wilwood cylinder and it worked mint.

on this car I got a cheapy ebay 0.625 jobbie and it works ok.

I find getting a bit of heat into the rears makes it work loads better, just hold it on slightly to warm it up pre skid!

7. thenextdk

thenextdk Member

My car is a daily, and I often get chance to use the hydro en route to work. I quite often find the first pull of the wand doesn't bite as harsh as normal, but literally could pull it a second time instantly after the first and it's spot on.

8. dan_gsxr

dan_gsxr Member

yeah my ebay 0.625 shit itself last night so I would recommend a wilwood one just for reliability....

obviously just my opinion, if you can get it working without then happy days!

9. LCR

LCR New Member

Hi guys, cheers for the reply, im definetly pressing the clutch when using the hydro so i changed it to a 0.625 and it was better but i was still having to hold it on at the start of my runs to heat the pads up then it was good.

I changed the greenstuuf pads out for the cheapest brake pads a man could buy and now it works awesome!

Sounds mad but the good pads were too good and dont work aswell until upto temp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk