Turbo opinions needed

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by beamstezza, Jan 7, 2017.

1. beamstezza

beamstezza New Member

Hi lads so I am putting a turbo Lexus is200 together in the coming months I have the turbo kit sitting here the only issue is that the turbo is blown and not worth fixing its a Chinese item.

I need opinions on what turbo to go with and as the engine can only run 12psi before it throws a rod I don't need a big turbo id like something with a quick spool that's happy around the 250/280bhp mark and wont take much to fit the current setup the manifold has a T4 flange with an external waste gate current turbo is a T04B T4 flange with 3inch V band for downpipe. Id like to keep it a T4 type turbo with 3 inch V Band setup but internally gated if at all possible.
    Any help appreciated

Sent from my HUAWEI CUN-L01 using Tapatalk

2. el_bandido

el_bandido Member

A supercharger kit will get you that power and you can get replacement chargers for peanuts.

3. BenRice

BenRice Well-Known Member

T4 flange and responsive? T4 are generally found on the 500hp+ turbos, why anyone would fit a T4 flange onto a +T manifold is beyond me. Better to get the flange cut off and put a T3, or even a T2 on there if you're wanting < 300hp

An HY35W from Compressor Racing (Our Turbos -  ) would be a good option but would need a T3 flange, they may even have an oddball T4 flanged one if your lucky

Another option is a standard, secondhand RB25 turbo if your only running 12psi. Again would need a T3 flange

4. ludi

ludi Active Member

I think you manifold is way too big for your wanted numbers. A T25 manifold and a GT28R should do perfect the job, if you only want 280HP. If you want around 450-550hp with your manifold, I recommendet a S200SX-E BW for the budget choice.

Best Regards, ludi

5. beamstezza

beamstezza New Member

Iv built a few charged Lexus and also had a couple of factory kits there alright but I'd rather a turbo setup this time round

6. beamstezza

beamstezza New Member

Just made a order for a t4 adapter flange just looking into turbos now

7. BenRice

BenRice Well-Known Member

T4 into T3? Hope you have the space to fit a T3 sized turbo once the adaptor is installed, some adaptors take up a fair bit of space

8. beamstezza

beamstezza New Member

Yes t4 to t3 its only an inch thick so will be fine