I need some help please - RX8 1JZ

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by AmyasSeekTruth, Jan 13, 2017.

1. AmyasSeekTruth

AmyasSeekTruth New Member

Hi there, needing some help please. Concerning this conversion. The issue I'm currently facing. Whilst the car is in neutral - idling is 100% spot on. Revs are pretty decent but does not exceed roughly 5000rpm... under load, through all the gears I can't exceed 3000rpm. The revs limits and it has a jerk or 2 (excluding me the driver ;)) but stutters and the drive is unpleasant.
    Feels like fuel starvation but I know she's running rich (over fueling) seeing there is black smoke whilst I rev or drive through gears.
    The car hasn't been tuned yet seeing the only dyno tuning shop in my city is well known to rip peoples wallets. Not to mention the bad reputation for blowing engines on the dyno.
    So instead of paying shit loads of money to an asshole - I'd take my chances asking you all. ANY advice will be appreciated. My one YouTube video clearly indicates the black smoke and I think you could hear the hesitation when revving high in the rpm's. Please take note, the smoke (that is actually moisture/condensation - the tailpipe drips with water when idling, shoots out on high revs with some vapor afterwards) Close to the end of the clip, there is definitely BLACK SMOKE shooting out

2. Sturge

Sturge Active Member

Sounds like it could be a whole manner of things. Boost leak? Hitting fuel cut.? So many things unknown. Have you checked your fuel pressure? Spark plug gaps?