Second Hand Snap On ??

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by Matts Turbo'd, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Matts Turbo'd

Matts Turbo'd Member

looking at my first tool box as an apprentice and been offered a fairly good deal one with tools

But having spoken to the snap on man today he said because I'm not the original buyer he couldn't do anything on the warranty for if i broke tools as this is only for original buyer

had a look on snap on terms but cant see anything that says i have to be original buyer

is it really the case or is he just trying to get me to buy new from him ??

If this is true am i better off to save up more to buy new snap on or not bother

only reason i'm considering is appears to be a good deal up until this

as i've usually used halfords and other cheaper brands

Cheers

2. PhilMorrison

PhilMorrison Driftworks Owner
    Staff Member

That's not true as far as I know.

3. jon07043278

jon07043278 Well-Known Member

I've never heard of that myself. I know people who have had their tools replaced and never had to show a receipt.

4. `Dan`

`Dan` Member

I've had ratchets repaired by our snap on man despite having bought them from friends/ebay etc, if i have something snap on he just does what needs doing and doesn't worry.

5. Marcar

Marcar Well Spoken Man
    Staff Member

Not true! Any snap-on franchisee (dealer) should be willing to swap or repair under warranty any snap-on tool without needing proof of purchase as long as the damage has not been caused due to unfair abuse or neglect.

6. r3k1355

r3k1355 Well-Known Member

I've never had to show a receipt or anything when taking tools back for warranty repair.

The Snap On man is probably just butt-hurt because you're buying tools from someone other than him.

7. ben85

ben85 Member

I agree with the above .at the end of the day your a apprentice and we have all been there before there's nothing wrong with second hand tools bet they will still be great in 20 yrs in wich case you will prob have a different bloke running the franchise I wouldn't worry life time guarantee means life time guarantee I would go for it