Need help on buying a new car please help!

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by briengx012, Mar 26, 2017.

1. briengx012

briengx012 New Member

hey guys i have 14k on the bank, i just turned 18 and need a good starter drift car. I was thinking about buying an ae86 but they're too expensive here in new york. I see some good miata's, 240sx, and e46 on craiglist. I just don't know which ones to buy. Should i post the links of the cars here? What do you guys recommend.

2. Marcar

Marcar Well Spoken Man
    Staff Member

Hello, welcome to Driftworks!

It's a good question and one we hear a lot here on the forum but there are always lots of different factors that can affect the 'correct' answer/s.

Firstly, are you planning on using the car as a drift car? - i.e. will you be taking it to track days and drift events? If the answer to that question is yes, then it would be sensible to go for the cheaper options (I'm guessing Miata/MX5) in the knowledge that you're probably either going to have to spend more money fixing it or modifying it (...or modifying and fixing it!) ;)

If the answer is no, then you might as well splash out and buy something you really want. We're mostly a UK crowd on this site so it's hard to know what the costs are like for you guys across the pond but we're here to help regardless! It's always great seeing members' projects and builds from other corners of the world so definitely keep us updated!

John

3. r3k1355

r3k1355 Well-Known Member

Foxbody Mustang.

Job jobbed.

• Like Like x 1