s14a sr20det wont start....HELP

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by S100FAN, Mar 30, 2017.

1. S100FAN

S100FAN New Member

Hello, recently I fitted braided fuel lines from the tank to the engine. The old lines were rotten and leaking, but the car would start and run fine. After changing the lines I cant get the car to start up for some reason. Fuel pump in tank is working as I am getting plenty of fuel up to the engine and iv double checked my connections at the pump in the boot and around the engine bay that everything is where it should be

Is it possible that its air locked? tho personally I don't think its this could happen. Or am I missing something? Vent line from the bank isn't connected to the 3rd hard line going to the carbon canister if that makes any difference...

2. Baba

Baba Ex SuperSlide member

As long as you have fuel and spark should start. Unless you've flooded the engine. Remove all spark plugs and give them a clean. Also crank the engine with no plugs in to vent out any excess fuel.

3. S100FAN

S100FAN New Member

Got it going thankfully! Tried taking the fuel pump fuse out and cranking several times, then removed the spark plugs and cleaned them and squirted some oil down the cylinders. Fired straight up first turn or the key:cool:

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Baba

Baba Ex SuperSlide member

I knew it. It did sound like it was flooded :)