Neo swap into my car a31

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Liam905, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Liam905

Liam905 New Member

Hey guys so soon enough I'm going to be doing a 25det neo swap into my a31 cef I know how to drop a engine in ECT just want to know a few things on the wiring side I don't understand I'll try word it as best as I can.

So first thing I'm getting a custom ffp for the engine that's all I'll be doing to it to replace the factory one that has the traction control I've also heard that if you just take away the traction control or change the plenum the engine won't run properly I want to use my factory ecu so if someone could point me in the right direction for that like idk if I nistune/chip or something would sort it

Also was wondering if I can just use the stock neo loom to wire it all up or will I need a custom wiring harness. Any help is appreciated thanks I've searched the internet high and low there is just no info on these engines

2. BenRice

BenRice Well-Known Member

Ideally you want to get a Nistune, an aftermarket ECU really wakes these engines up and is worth it if just to get the mixtures right after exhaust/intercooler/filter/more boost as the stock ecu is real sensitive. They plug into the stock NEO engine harness and can easily run z32 AFM's, and depending where in NZ you are you can get the Nistune tuned within a couple hours drive.

Your best to get the ECU pinout of the RB25DET NEO and the pinout for the A31 and change it yourself, otherwise people charge an arm and a leg. There is a guy in Hamilton that is worth asking if you really are wanting someone else to do it: https://www.facebook.com/precisionwiring/

3. Liam905

Liam905 New Member

C
    Cheers mate what aftermarket ecu would you recommend there's slot to choose from some more pricey than others

4. BenRice

BenRice Well-Known Member

Depends where you are dude.

If you're around Hamilton / Auckland (Alien Probe), Wellington (Precision), Nelson (NDT) or Chch (NZEFI) then i'd go Nistune. Cheaper ECU but trickier to tune properly, so i'd only use those tuners. Have heard bad things about others around.

Power FC's are $1,100 through Nengun and are easier to tune (than Nistune's because they're not as sophisticated. Easier to tune means less dyno time so less dyno cost. Even so, a Nistune would still be cheaper overall when you factor in ECU cost and tune cost

GTSLink's are closer to $2k but only really worth it if you need to go MAP sensor. Haltech's / Microtech / AEM aren't popular enough to warrant considering

These are the cheapest options being plug-in as well. Wire-in are only worth it if you don't have a factory loom / loom is all hacked up