Importing from Japan to EU/UK

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by Horiaaq, Jul 13, 2017.

1. Horiaaq

Horiaaq New Member

Hey guys, I'm looking to import a S15 from Japan and maybe one more car after that. I've searched the internet and I found "JapImports UK", any opinions about them?

If anyone imported a car from Japan to EU or UK please hmu, I really have some concerns.
    Do you guys think it's worth it? I've found some good deals like S15's for 1-2k pounds lmao.

2. crazyae86

crazyae86 Well-Known Member

hey mate import a car japan to uk is pretty much easy for paper work
    but the whole europe is defferent to every country has different rules about import old car
    i am talking about taxes customer
    you have to make more reasearch :o:o

3. Horiaaq

Horiaaq New Member

Well I guess I could import it to UK to some warehouse and then just pick it up, would be pretty easy for me. I just want an opinion about that company or maybe some suggestions for companies that import cars from auctions. Thanks :)

4. rcrozier

rcrozier New Member

Importing is fairly easy nowadays with plenty of help online. Message japaneseusedcars/Autospecs on here for more info on cost and how to get it all done as they are a reputable company (driftworks bossman uses them!) and they are easy to work with
    However, don't forget the 1-2k pounds is nowhere near representative of the total cost:
    £2k +auction house fees +japanese agent fees +inland transport fees/radiation checks etc + shipping (over £1k for me) +10% import duty on everything +20% vat on everything +dock fees
    That £2k initial price will easily snowball into over £5k

5. Zaidan

Zaidan New Member

Brought my 86 back from the Japan myself (I travel there a fair bit). It was tatty and 1k as the hammer went down, but by the time it landed in Southampton it owed me 4k-ish. Like, not a great financial idea at all. I actually really don't understand how people make money on this, when I did everything as cost-effectively as possible.

Like, going forward. I'd wait for someone else to do it, get bored and sell it at a loss and let them take the financial hit. Then swoop in and buy it already UK registered and landed. Less headaches, more money for coilovers. Brutal but it's true. Unless I'm massively emotionally attached to a car, I wouldn't import anything again.