Having wheels refurbished before sale. What colours do i go for?

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by GethinD, Aug 31, 2017.

1. GethinD

GethinD [][][][][][][][][][]

So i spent yesterday splitting the faces from the rims and removing the tyres.

The bolts are currently sat in acid to clean them up and I'll be taking the wheels for a refurb next Monday.

My dilemma is i don't know what colours to have the lips and faces done.

I personally don't like splits with silver / silver. I'm a big fan of copper lip / gold face or black lip / grey face but as these are going straight for sale once they're done then personal preference shouldn't come into it.

What are your opinions? this one.

2. MaccyD

MaccyD Active Member

If youre doing it anyway, why not offer to do it in the colour of the buyers choice? And ask for a deposit before applying colour

3. GethinD

GethinD [][][][][][][][][][]

This was another idea. I'll give it a shot and see how it goes.
    Just had visions of so many time wasters asking for quotes for certain finishes / colours that it just becomes hassle.

I'll give it a try.

4. MaccyD

MaccyD Active Member

Offer colour options that you have, flat price and no fuss that way. Just keep it simple like black, silver, gunmetal. But yeah, going for different colours could make them tricky to sell. Or people will factor in the cost of getting them in a colour they want so will factor that in to what they want to pay and low ball you