BMW e28 525e

Thread in 'Misc for sale' started by bell, Nov 19, 2017.

1. bell

bell Without patience

Not sure if this is anyone on here's cup of tea, it's rear wheel drive and they do skid when beefed up and manual.

Hi Guys and Gals

Vehicle is based in Wolverhampton

1983 'A' reg
    Bmw e28
    525e 2.7 m20 ETA
    16xxxx miles
    No mot

Head was off when bought, head is now refitted with new headgasket, stretch bolts, water pump, exhaust manifold gasket and cambelt kit and tensioner.
    Fuel tank was removed as the vehicle has'nt been on the road for 17 years, its has been cleaned and repaired by City radiators in Wolverhampton at the same time a new radiator was supplied and fitted.
    Whilst going through the fuel system it was flushed and used and tested second hand injectors were fitted as the old ones no longer operated.
    Bigger front brakes from an e34 535i have been fitted to try and improve the braking as there not brilliant in standard guise along with new rubber flexi hoses.
    Gearbox has been replaced with a second hand unit as it completely lost drive, it now moves forward and backwards under its own steam.

I wanted to keep it but other projects and vehicles have pushed me to see if theres any interest to buy, I personally wanted to pull the 2.7 auto and put a manual s38 in there but as said it's a project I just don't have time to see though.

Bad point's, there are a few its an old car.

Gearbox is untested as the car is driven in and out of my unit in a morning and evening, so how good it is I really don't know.

Paperwork is limited to what I'v had done, a stoneage v5 and a eta catalogue which I'm struggling to find currently, I am currently awaiting the dvla to issue a logbook (v62? was sent Friday 17th November so should be 2 weeks?)

Driver's front door has a hole to the leading edge, pretty common so I'm told by other e28 owner's.

Paint isn't going to win a concourse show, it's not dreadful and would polish up nicely but i would say its had paint in the last 15 years, I quite liked that it was'nt
    mint and was a useable classic.

rear bumper has hole and a small dent.

Intank level sendor doesnt function, fuel roulette?.

headunit doesnt turn on but it did highly probably a fuse.

I'm just awaiting pics to load to pb and then will add them up.

Price is £1700ono, it owes a lot more but space is more precious at the moment along with the boss not whinging that it's in the work's unit.

I do also have an e34 3.6 m5 that i was going to use as a doner as the body is highly accident damaged, this can be negotiated into the sale but i value it at around 6k as the brakes, differential and motor would sell for more if broken for spares, but its that age old space thing also.

Other point worth noting is I would advise highly trailering the vehicle to your destination, I have friends in the recovery world if needed also but that would need to be an discussed with them over pricing as it's not something I deal with at all.

8HKn9ZC.

YAZQH6m.

ThSC7mH.

uKXlo4M.

UfCWoiW.

9DDAqW8.

0t3WiWn.

PBML0vl.

x0uKFM2.