Ca18det with T28 journal need restrictor?

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by Etari, Jan 13, 2018.

1. Etari

Etari Member

Looking at some braided lines and they come with 1mm restrictor for ball bearing turbos and 1.5mm restrictor for journal bearing turbos.

Is this needed or should I just use stock banjo instead of the restrictive one?

2. Saddened

Saddened Member

Are you sure the mentioned restriction is on the banjo itself and not on the block adapter? Because the turbo oil restriction comes from the adapter. As for the restrictions for T28 I would like to know too.

3. Etari

Etari Member

The kit I’ve ordered just says that it’s the banjo that has the restrictor. Kit doesn’t say anything about a block adapter

4. jbsauce

jbsauce Member

If there's a 1.5mm restrictor built into the block then it doesn't matter if you use the 1.5mm banjo as the flow will still be the same. Restrictors don't "add up" when in series configurations

5. Saddened

Saddened Member

by kit you mean 3 braided (oil and water) lines for the turbo or is anything else in it? give a link pls

6. Etari

Etari Member

7. Saddened

Saddened Member

By what I see, the kit fits Ca and SR, T25 and T28. Thus interchangeable. From that I draw there are no differences.

8. ard

ard Member

use a non restrictive line on journal bearing turbos on stock engine. unless you're having an excess oil pressure due to non standard oiling system like drysump etc, but i guess this is not an issue in this case.

9. Etari

Etari Member

So just use me stock banjo then?