MGF first drift car?

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by Michael quinn, Jan 20, 2018.

1. Michael quinn

Michael quinn New Member

Hi DW forum,

I’m new to this forum and fairly new to drifting. Built a drift car a while back from a 323i but had to sell it becuase I needed the money before I got the chance to take it to a drift day (wasn’t driven on the road either).

Anyhow, I’m looking for a car again to get drifting alongside my daily bagged fiesta. I’ve been looking at more bmw’s And mx5’s, but my mate’s grandad is selling an mgf for stupid cheap and I know it’s rear wheel drive, mid transverse engine but to the point, is it driftable??

Thank for reading

2. mc_bob

mc_bob Active Member

Great fun. We've got a MGTF which mrs uses for work daily. Its a laugh, not sure about full on skidding though as no LSD.

3. r3k1355

r3k1355 Well-Known Member

It's never going to be simple, with plenty of better cheap options you'd have to really want the challenge to go for an MGF.

If it's cheap though still buy it and smash it round a few track days for fun, poor cars probably never had the chance to stretch it's legs.

4. Andy318ti

Andy318ti Active Member

I'd avoid and get a e36 or mx5. They have shit engines, metro suspension and as said an open diff. It's a front wheel drive set up mid mounted so diff welding is more hassle than two of them are worth.