E36 insurance?

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by J.J., Jan 31, 2018.

1. J.J.

J.J. Member

So I've been driving 7 years, no claims ect.. over 25, but I simply cannot get insurance on a poxy 323 E36?

Sky wouldn't even give me a quote?! I thought they were the drifters insurer and were or still are a main sponsor of this site?

My usual insurer which is through HIC, quoted me £1200!? But I'm currently insured on my mk2 Scirocco worth twice as much as the bmw & with probably just under 100bhp more at only £480 for the year.

My question is anyone with an E36 who are you insured with as it seems to be the car that's the problem not me?

2. ShaunV90

ShaunV90 Active Member

Is your quote monthly payments or a 1 off? I think they can sometimes bump up premiums or refuse to quote if you have a sh*t credit score and ask to pay monthly.

EDIT: The above info is second hand and something my mate told me happened to him so might possibly be BS.

3. J.J.

J.J. Member

I don't even get far enough to talk about payment! I've now had three insurers not even give me a price, purely because of the car.

4. Andy318ti

Andy318ti Active Member

Seems mad sky insure my turbo compact all mods declared with no issue.
    Do you live in a bad area? Have any previous convictions?

5. LUX1

LUX1 Member

is it a specific car and reg? if so it might have been category right off. 4 of my friends all got refused when trying to quite a specific compact. Was a cat c right off i think