RB Forward Facing Intake Manifolds - China Ebay

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by driftinacossie, Mar 9, 2018.

1. driftinacossie

2. 200sxmadz

200sxmadz New Member

Would also like to know this if anyone knows .

3. BenRice

BenRice Well-Known Member

Common issues are injector spacing is off so they don't line up with most top feed fuel rails. If you don't mind your injectors slightly angled then no worries

Also mating surface to head are sometimes not flat due to poor casting. Throwing it on a linisher or belt sander fixes that in 5 minutes

Rare issues are cracks from the coolant passages to the intake runners, causing water in the intake and broken motors. Has happened twice in known existence, and could have been caused by the previous issue and user gorilla'ing the intake manifold onto the head

4. shabby.fx

shabby.fx Member

seems more headache then good tbh, just cut the side facing and make it front facing easier cheaper and better in the long run.

5. BenRice

BenRice Well-Known Member

Whoops, didn't click the links. Thought they were greddy FFP copies

Disregard my comments about injector spacing & coolant leaks. However the comment about mating surface is still relevant. We've tried a couple of those and both were slightly warped but needed even less linishing than the freddy intakes. Also the threads aren't the best so go easy when putting fittings in

Bonnet clearance on Silvia / 180sx may be an issue though, pending what engine mounts you're running

If i had the option of one of those, a freddy or getting a stock one cut & shut i'd go with one of those. The cut & shut I'm running works fine but just looks wrong, and there's more chance of shit going wrong with custom work. Or maybe i'm just putting more trust than i should in China's child labour industry.