1st drift car from the following cars help out please.

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by ikataur, Jun 8, 2018.

?

Which car to get.

1. SC300/SC400

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. BMW E3/46

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Jag XK8

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. MK3 Supra

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. s13 240SX

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. ikataur

ikataur New Member

Hey guys, I'm deciding on which car to get as my first learning car. I have budget of 3k euros and I have following cars in mind (btw I freaking love cars with pop up headlights)

s13 240sx - (Honestly perfect) Awesome looking, light, popups, underpowered might need engine swap (expensive build)

MK3 Supra - Great looking, bulky, popups, decent power.

BMW 3/46 series - Looks okey, everyone has them, easy to maintain, boring, good power to weight ratio.

Jaguar XK8 - Looks good, a bit heavy but has a lot of power, can be retro modded.

SC300 with 1jz or SC400 with 1UZ-FE - Looks great, has awesome power to weight ratio, its a lexus ;).

Which one would you advice? I'd like to stay away from bmw because they are EVERYWHERE.

Thank's alot!

2. 5ooty

5ooty New Member

s13 > SC300 > BMW > Supra > Jag in my opinion. But most of those cars are more than 3k, right? s-body's are 4+, xk8 5k+ etc? All reasonable choices, so go for whats in the best mechanical condition, the outside will get damaged anyway

3. ikataur

ikataur New Member

3k euros is abouit $4000, I can get bmw for 300, 240sx about 1k in good state, not sure about sc300/400 yet, and jags are everywhere for less than $3000

4. 5ooty

5ooty New Member

Those are good prices, choose whatever you want in terms of looks. s13 and soarer are cool but common drift cars, BMW can be boring but very cheap repairs, Jaguar would be unusual and cool, but maybe hard to get parts? All of them are good platforms, so get the one you like best looks wise so long as the mechanical condition is good, and is still in the budget. Good luck