Newbie needs help

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by RoughRoyal, Jun 21, 2018.

1. RoughRoyal

RoughRoyal New Member

Hey all,
    Long time lurked, forgot I even had this account.

I'm in a position where I fancy buying a weekend toy, part drift car but also street car and something I can work on over winter. Always been passionate about the s14 200sx but with the prices they are at now a decent one is out of budget (4k) and I'm not skilled with a welder in the slightest.
    Narrowed down a decision and found a couple of s13s that would need some TLC and a small bit of welding and also some e46s (323i - 328i) that are of similar condition.
    Feel like this would be the best place to get the true opinions so as always thanks in advance!

2. KillboSlaggins

KillboSlaggins Active Member

s13's under 4k will more than likely have considerable rust. 13's in general are worse than 14's with rust as they're older but to be fair all old nissan's are prone to it.

If you do get an s13 under 4k and it is rusty, you may easily go over your budget by the time you've paid someone to weld her up if you can't, let alone spending some money to make the car how you like it ect. Not trying to put you off but I bought my s13 for just over 3k which was pretty standard, I've had it just under a year and spent nearly 3k on making it a half decent spec. £600 on rust repairs and still have a little more to do

3. RoughRoyal

RoughRoyal New Member

Cheers for the reply man!
    I wish I bought every s body on the market 10 years ago when they were 500 quid a peice haha.

Seems to be if I want to spend 4k, e36 or be patient and save for a bit longer and get a clean s14 and skip the s13.

4. KillboSlaggins

KillboSlaggins Active Member

e36's are slowly going up in price so maybe it'd be an idea to get one and keep it clean, do some small little bits and hopefully you'll make a little money on it when you come to sell which can go towards your dream car? At least that way you're still enjoying a car you like while you're saving and you'll have more patience.

Or.....you end up spending loads on it because you'll get sucked into drifting and love the thing haha

5. BenRice

BenRice Well-Known Member

Try find a DE S14 and spent the winter adding a turbo & upgrading the clutch