T28r on standard ca manifold !

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by S13crawf, Jul 15, 2018.

Tags:
  1. S13crawf

S13crawf New Member

Hi guys , anyone ever had a problem fitting a t28r onto a Ca18det with standard manifold , compressor housing seems to catch on the manifold causing the gasket surface to not sit completely flush , anyone had something machined slightly , any advice or is my manifold at fault , even with gasket in seems to be loose in there and don’t want to just wrench it up and put strain on it , tia

78E76C69-8FEC-45C7-9ACE-43D99C034DDA.

2. john905

john905 Member

you will need to clock the turbo, there should be 6 bolts behind the compressor housing slacken them off and just turn the housing until it doesn't hit.

• Like Like x 1
  3. sx baz

sx baz Member

as above, im running a 28r on stock mani, you need to clock the turbo, just take it easy as u can hit the blades when clocking if it jolts off too loose, also make sure ur oil return is strait down

• Like Like x 1
  4. S13crawf

S13crawf New Member

Perfect cheers lads , have just moved it round a few degrees didn’t take much and it clears was sceptical at first as thought if I did that I would be moving wastegate actuator too far round but didn’t take too much so all pretty much straight , will make sure my oil return is straight down so will have to do it again when I mock it up again and slightly slacken the exhaust housing as well to turn the cartridge inside both housings to get it straight cause yeah it is slightly on the angle atm , also do any of you use a restrictive in the oil feed , have heard of people using them as Apparently the R smokes without them? Or is this a myth , thanks again

5. john905

john905 Member

No problem bud, as for the restrictor I’m not sure as mine was only the t28 not the r

6. jbsauce

jbsauce Member

You need the restrictor the 'built in' one isnt sufficient

• Like Like x 1
  7. sx baz

sx baz Member

mines running with the built in one only, it didnt smoke but it does a bit now, not entirely convinced its in good health anyway but i think most people run a restrictor

8. S13crawf

S13crawf New Member

Perfect cheers for the advice people , does anyone know the size of the restrictor I would need , have seen ones on eBay which have a 1 mm hole I’m awaiting a reply from h dev but any other places which would supply them would be great , in other news turbo is clocked correctly and braided lines have came along with japspeed elbow ready for mocking up and fitting