Toyota Altezza RS200 (Lexus IS200) - 2017 Import, 1 owner, 6 Speed MT, Facelift, MeisterR, 3SGE BEAM

Thread in 'Misc for sale' started by bicycleshorts, Jul 25, 2018.

1. bicycleshorts

bicycleshorts New Member

More pics on eBay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/192580648370

Price: £4795
    Please message for more information and contact number

The Altezza RS200 is the bigger, meaner brother of the Lexus IS200. This JDM only version by Toyota features the indestructible 3SGE (made famous in the MR2), however, it was tuned (still naturally aspirated) to 210bhp by Yamaha. The Gen 5 Beams black top engine features dual VVT, titanium valves and a compression ratio of 11.5:1 to maximise power all the way North of 8000rpm.

Having owned a IS200 for two years, and a MR2 for three years, I knew the weak spots in the chassis and engine when searching for this car. I elected to import directly from Japan to ensure a rust-free clean underneath. Auto Portal Osaka took care of the paperwork on the Japanese side and the car landed in January 2017 - it remained garaged until May 2017 when it was MOT'd and first registered.

This is a face lift version which features digital speedo, slightly different cloth seats and importantly (for me, as this is our family car) ISOFIX in the rear.

The suspension was a little soft for my liking so I had it replaced with MeisterR ZetaCRD coilovers. These have transformed the car in both ride and its handling, the 32 way damping and height adjustment offers a lot of adjustment. When installed, these were coated with anti-rust spray and covered with Tegiwa Shock Socks to protect them. These are 10 months and around 5,000 miles old. The car had a 4 wheel alignment by AK Automotive following this.

Two sets of wheels will come with the car: A set of OZ Evo 6 wheels with Uniroyal RainSport3s currently fitted to the car and the OEM wheels (standard IS200 wheels) which are in near-mint condition but have comedy Japanese tyres fitted.

The car also comes with a bunch of JDM additions, including: random kanji stickers, the original sat nav head unit which still thinks it is in Yokohama and an ETC toll card holder which shouts random Japanese at you at the press of a button.

Specification:
    2001 Toyota Altezza RS200 Z Edition in Astral Black (Black Onyx)
    1 Registered Owner (imported 2017)
    210bhp Yamaha Beams 2.0L
    6 Speed Manual Gearbox
    Type 2 Torsen LSD
    133,000 Miles
    MeisterR ZetaCRD Coilovers (fitted October 2017)
    Recent AK Automotive 4 Wheel Alignment (Fast Road)
    Mitsubishi Evo 6 OZ Racing Wheels (17x7.5j)
    EBC Yellowstuff Brake Pads
    Motul RBf600 Dot 4 Fully Synth Brake Fluid
    Uniroyal RainExpert 3 Tyres (6mm tread all round)
    Sony XAV-68BT Touchscreen Bluetooth Multimedia System
    ISOFIX in rear
    Electric wing mirrors
    Side airbags
    Sunroof
    Air Conditioning (working perfectly)

Servicing:
    HPI Clear
    MOT until May 2019
    Oil changed every 6 months with Comma Fully Synth 5w50 and Bosch oil filter (last change June 2018)
    Air filter recently changed with Blueprint filter
    Oil pressure sensor replaced with OEM part
    Regularly hand washed and polished