Anyone know any decent drift days coming up?

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by LaRoche, Aug 17, 2018.

1. LaRoche

LaRoche New Member

Hi all,

Yeah I am sure there are probably a lot coming up around the country, but does anyone know any beginner friendly ones that are within reasonable distance of Hertfordshire?

I've had a look at a few sites but it seems that some don't have any events until about October and some are running events which are unsuitable for noobs like me.

Thanks in advance!

2. LiamTheBadger

LiamTheBadger Member

You're not far from Santa Pod for DWYB, they're good for beginners. however the next one is October, Rockingham are doing their last drift days before the circuit closes for good, keep an eye on the rockingham drift days facebook page as a beginner you want to book an outer paddock day.
    other options are Lydden hill have just released details for a session in the afternoon maximum 20 drivers for 5 hours open pit lane on the competition layout which isn't a difficult track I did my second drift day at lydden and it wasnt impossible as a beginner to drive.
    If you don't mind an oval there is Swaffham raceway or arena essex (also closing the end of the year)
    Matchams in Ringwood have an oval and they have a track in the car park however from what I've heard its bumpy and there's potholes.
    the other place is Norfolk arena which runs a kidney bean track which should be good for beginners.
    not sure on dates for any of these however DWYB and Lydden are £100+ Rockingham is usually £80 and places like Arena and Ringwood are only £25 for a practice.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. LaRoche

LaRoche New Member

Thanks for the info Liam, i'll definiely check each of these out.

Shame to hear that some of the venues will be closing shortly

4. Danny Jones

Danny Jones New Member

Looking at the above, you've probably already seen this ... but Rockingham have Meihan coming up Monday :) Not sure if all the driving tickets are now sold, but it's always a good day out regardless.

5. LaRoche

LaRoche New Member

Cheers Danny.

I had a look at it looks like my car isn't suitable with the 'car condition' rules for Monday anyway haha

6. Keenan Tait

Keenan Tait New Member