E36 M50B25 Turbo vs MX5 MK1 Turbo?

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by ic3, Aug 26, 2018.

?

E36 M50B25 Turbo vs MX5 MK1 Turbo or?

1. E36

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. MX5 MK1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Save for S15

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  1. ic3

ic3 New Member

#1 ic3, Aug 26, 2018
    Last edited: May 4, 2020
  2. dandadude

dandadude Active Member

That is such an open ended question no-one will be able to give you a definite answer it really depends how much money you have to spend on firstly the car itself and secondly how much you are going to spend on modding it after you've bought it.

A 350z will probably be quicker out the box than the others but for the money an mx-5 can be a fun handling car with little spent on it and can be picked up pretty cheap! Is200's and bmw 325/328's are sort of inbetween as lots about but not that quick in stock form.

Any of them can be made fast but you might be spending big money if you want something that is over say 300hp if it starts at less than 200hp from factory.

Good luck!

3. BreadBin

BreadBin Rough Tonguer

I haven't driven turbocharged versions but have had various e36 and MX5s - for a fun weekend car I would choose a Mazda.

4. ic3

ic3 New Member

I know it is, but I don't have any particular purpose for the car. I would prefer to keep it on the cheaper side, without cheaping out on the quality of the parts.

5. orange_beastie

orange_beastie Pickup driftin

Go for a 325 e36 weld the diff do some lock mods and get a cheap coil over kit brilliant fun and so easy to control, you can go backwards in them and still come out straight with a bit of skill.
    Mx5 are short cars and take alot more to master.
    Depends on your skill level.
    If you want a fast all rounder go for a turbo m50 bmw. Weight is sometimes a bonus for high speed drifting as you can let the car do the hard work for you.

6. BreadBin

BreadBin Rough Tonguer

He asked which one would be more thrilling to drive, not which is a better drift car.
    They aren't the same thing in my opinion...