1993 BMW 320i Saloon 2.8 conversion

Thread in 'Drift cars for sale' started by Jazakius, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Jazakius

Jazakius Member

1993 BMW 320i Saloon 2.8 conversion

Chassis mileage is around 106,000 clocks were changed in 2001 when the car was on roughly 38,0000 miles. Clock currently showing roughly 68,000 miles.
    Engine mileage is slightly higher, conversion was done at 51,000 and the engine had 95,000 miles on it at the time of the conversion.
    It's still a 2.0 engine on the logbook and is up to the new owner to declare.
    MOT till 12/08//2019

The engine conversion was done roughly 18 months ago using a 328i auto donor car on 95k miles. At the time of the conversion the following parts were also changed:
    EWS Deleted ECU with remap and raised rev limiter to 7,200 (done by Lewis Hayler)
    Full 328i exhaust system (still running cats)
    New metal water pump
    New thermostat
    New alloy housing
    New clutch
    New genuine BMW crankshaft sensor
    New genuine BMW camshaft position sensor
    HSD Dual Pro Coilovers
    Full service (plugs, oil, oil filter, fuel filter and air filter although running a K&N cone filter now)

Also had the following parts fitted since the conversion:
    Headgasket done about 6,000 miles ago
    New rocker cover gasket
    New exhaust manifold gaskets
    VANOS rebuilt with new seals
    New E34 engine mounts
    New track rods
    New tie rods
    New drop links
    New Direnza radiator
    New Federal RSR front tires (done less than 1,000 miles)
    Wheels and Brakes:
    Style 66 wheels (some curbing, see pictures)
    EBC Yellowstuff pads (fronts will need replacing soon)

Interior:
    Was Blue velour interior originally, I changes the seats to black SE seats and fitted some black door cards.
    Will come with Black dash, carpet, centre console, arm rest, trims etc. (Not fitted)
    Will not come with the head Unit in pictures as I would like to keep it.
    Short shifter (Not fitted)

Bad points:
    Passenger side RTA bush need replacing as its knocking.
    Few rust scabs on the arches as you can see in the pictures.
    Spoiler has been removed so holes in the boot (will come with the original spoiler)
    Diff whines a bit, was planning to either weld it or put an LSD in but never got round to it. Will come with fresh diff oil.
    Mismatched interior The car is very very clean underneath with the only rust on it being slight surface rust on the rear arches. Please see pictures. The car also has a few scratches and dents as you would expect for a car of this age. It drives well having just had alignment done. The car will come with stacks of receipts and old mots. The car is still running the original diff so accelerates very well. RTA bush has been replaced this week and alignment done.

Overall it's a great car, its served me well in the 2.5 years I have owned it and the only reason I am selling it is due to me wanting to try something Jap and Turbo.
    More pictures available upon request.

Price is £1500

Now on eBay with no reserve - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/263954299102

Ugly Duckling 1.

Ugly Duckling 2.

Ugly Duckling 3.

Ugly Duckling 4.

Ugly Duckling 5.

Ugly Duckling 6.

Ugly Duckling 7.

Ugly Duckling 8.

Ugly Duckling 9.