1JZ swapped 280z need help!

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by 1jz280zguy, Nov 11, 2018.

1. 1jz280zguy

1jz280zguy New Member

So my build started two years ago. I tore the car down and removed all the rust and painted then replaced wearable parts on the car. After getting it back to a rolling chassis I made mounts for a 1JZ-GTE and a Pontiac solstice trans in it. It originally had an auto ecu but I put in a manual one. The car was running rich as crap and breaks up whenever trying to get it under a load. I’ve replaced all the coil packs, spark plugs about 5 times they become straight black. I put new capacitors in the auto ecu before going to manual. I’ve put a new tps, crank and cam sensors, o2 sensor, coolant temp sensor, knocks sensor, and ignition module. Recently I deleted the idle control valve to get it not to fluctuate at

A1117C69-E802-41C7-AD9C-2184C84F902D.

EA57ECBD-571D-4BFF-A937-953BEC124E3A.

2. Paddymck17

Paddymck17 Member

The owl granny gets a new fanny cant wait to see this done

3. 1jz280zguy

1jz280zguy New Member

Thank you! Hopefully it’s going by spring time! For some reason it cut off part of what I put, the motor just doesn’t run right and I’ve tried all those things and more to try and get it to how it should be. When I had the e manage on trying to tune it, it would go pig rich and run bad. Now with the idle control valve it just runs lean once it gets some sort of boost. When I drive I can slowly rev it up but once it hits a hard load it just sputters and backfires. Sometimes it can buck like it hits stops and hits again. This thing makes me want to pull my hair out spending countless hours trying to diagnose it.

4. Paddymck17

Paddymck17 Member

Probably best to get someone that is familiar with swapping these engines to look at it could.be all down to an earth wire or something bigger

5. 1jz280zguy

1jz280zguy New Member

Okay I gotcha, the only problem is there’s no one around me that really know about these. I’ve asked multiple times on car groups near me. I was thinking about adding some since i only have one large and a few small grounds. I’ve been debating on getting a new harness since I have some cut wires too. Thanks!